Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Lapband fills: FAQ

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป The Gastric Band operation ยป Lapband fills: FAQ

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Nettie

Hi both, yes please watch your intake of nutrients, I have liquid multivits when I’m tight and also liquid iron+vitaminB complex and magnesium and calcium, in fact I now take them routinely everyday, tablets often get stuck. My bariatric nurse told me to take supplements from the word go even though it isn’t routinely recommended. It is also very important to have at least 50g of protein a day and believe me that is quite hard when you are tight which is why I often have slimfast shakes to to up, another reason I started having them was because when you are tight it is hard to eat enough calories to give you energy, I’m a mum of 2 with a dog a hpouse and a full time job I need energy levels to be high or I can’t get through the day. Keep up the good work and look after yourselves there is no point being thin but ill!!!

Nettie xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

You are a brillaint mine of bandster info Nettie. Thank you SO much for helping people on here. I love this place – we are a huge support group that we all benefit from. I’m four years post op in July and I learn something new every day ;-))

Doodah x

@Nettie 23489 wrote:

Hi both, yes please watch your intake of nutrients, I have liquid multivits when I’m tight and also liquid iron+vitaminB complex and magnesium and calcium, in fact I now take them routinely everyday, tablets often get stuck. My bariatric nurse told me to take supplements from the word go even though it isn’t routinely recommended. It is also very important to have at least 50g of protein a day and believe me that is quite hard when you are tight which is why I often have slimfast shakes to to up, another reason I started having them was because when you are tight it is hard to eat enough calories to give you energy, I’m a mum of 2 with a dog a hpouse and a full time job I need energy levels to be high or I can’t get through the day. Keep up the good work and look after yourselves there is no point being thin but ill!!!

Nettie xx

Thanks Nettie, I didn’t think about liquid vitamins? Good thought as I have to break mine in half!! Will have to have a think about how to get the protein in. Can we book appointmens with the dietitians to get some advice do you know.
    I know what you mean about being busy as its the same for me to at work and home. its amazing how we do it and find time to excercise lol…..

Thanks as always..

Nettie

@Doodah 23496 wrote:

You are a brillaint mine of bandster info Nettie. Thank you SO much for helping people on here. I love this place – we are a huge support group that we all benefit from. I’m four years post op in July and I learn something new every day ;-))

Doodah x

Thanks Doodah, I love it here too xx

Nettie

@SamVaughan3604 23499 wrote:

Thanks Nettie, I didn’t think about liquid vitamins? Good thought as I have to break mine in half!! Will have to have a think about how to get the protein in. Can we book appointmens with the dietitians to get some advice do you know.
    I know what you mean about being busy as its the same for me to at work and home. its amazing how we do it and find time to excercise lol…..

Thanks as always..

Hi Sam,

I have access to my dietician but to be honest I haven’t used her as I found she was very much more informed on bypass than band, my bariatric nurse is fantastic and to be honest I don’t even bother to see my consultant anymore she is an absolute expert on band aftercare and nutrition and takes so much time and care with her patients, my consultant was my band placement expert but she is my band aftercare expert, when I hear other stories about band aftercare I am so happy I have Kay she is so so so fantastic and her results rival the best in the country in fact she has been told by alergan (the band manufacturer) that they are the best in the country. Give streamline a ring and I’m sure they will make you an appointment to see your dietician.

Nettie xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Wow, you are so lucky to have such a dedicated bariatric nurse. They are a complete godsend. I have a personal friend who is a bariatric nurse practitioner and she has been a huge support to me.

Streamline pride themselves on their aftercare and quite rightly so. It’s second to none in my opinion (and was before I worked for them)

Doodah x

cazza

Hi Guys

last week I had a 0.5ml fill put back into my band as about 2 weeks previously I had a 1ml defill as I was making alot of mucus and being sick with the amount sticking in my throat everytime I ate. But when I had the defill it left no restriction at all hence half of it went back in.

I was tender around the port site but also had stomach ache after I have never suffered from stomach ache before on any of my fills or defills now 8 days on I still have stomach ache right in the centre at the top of my stomach.

My g.p is next in on Friday I don’t want to see any of the others in the practice as I have to go through the whole long story.

Has anyone else ever suffered this?
    It’s stressing me out & causing me headaches now

Cazza
    :Cry:

Doodah
    Keymaster

@cazza 24860 wrote:

Hi Guys

last week I had a 0.5ml fill put back into my band as about 2 weeks previously I had a 1ml defill as I was making alot of mucus and being sick with the amount sticking in my throat everytime I ate. But when I had the defill it left no restriction at all hence half of it went back in.

I was tender around the port site but also had stomach ache after I have never suffered from stomach ache before on any of my fills or defills now 8 days on I still have stomach ache right in the centre at the top of my stomach.

My g.p is next in on Friday I don’t want to see any of the others in the practice as I have to go through the whole long story.

Has anyone else ever suffered this?
    It’s stressing me out & causing me headaches now

Cazza
    :Cry:

Hi Cazza

If you are really concerned, contact your team as they will already know all about you. Don’t suffer in silence.

Hope you get some answers soon. Poor you ๐Ÿ™

Doodah x

cazza

Thanks Doodah
    My stomach keeps blowing up the pain is in the centre & worse when I sit today is day 9 so really think I ought to get it checked out now.

Cazza

Doodah
    Keymaster

I really think you should get it checked out today too cazza.

Will you let us know how you get on and what it was?

Good luck hon ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

Katy85

I had my first band fill on Saturday and I’ve not been feeling hungry for the last two days. Is this normal?

Doodah
    Keymaster

It sounds like it is logically but I’m not bandster so I can’t say for definite. I’m sure on of our lovely band people will be along to help as soon as possible Katy x

sharlotte

Yes it seems to be normal! I was very much like that but appetite back so will power is strong again!!!!
    I’ve been told this will happen until I hit my ‘sweet spot’ with my band fills and then things will even out and I’ll be more satisfied with what I eat ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah
    Keymaster

The sweet spot can be hard to find but once it is, you have an amazing tool with which to completely change your life for the better – both physically and mentally. In short, you gain control again. Now THAT is a gain we all love right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

@Katy85 26218 wrote:

I had my first band fill on Saturday and I’ve not been feeling hungry for the last two days. Is this normal?

Hi there, yes I think you will find it is, you will only want to eat mushy foods for a few days, as long as your not struggling to keep the food down which may mean you may be a bit over filled. my first band fill I think was a bit too much as it took me 10 days to eat normal consistency foods.

You will soon be feeling like you can eat a bit more. Keep up the liquids as its important to keep hydrated. You wont feel hungry for a few weeks, you will then know your ready for a new fill.

Its important to ask questions on here as I was a bit lost after my first fill.

As you know we are all different when we haveour fills but I think its perfectly normal. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sam x

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 180 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media