Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Ladies’ Issues FAQ

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » Ladies’ Issues FAQ

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    pink lady

This is a real night mare I am having my hormones are all over the place and I have a very heavy period for 3 weeks. And I feel absolutley shattered. Going to St Rich for 6 weeks check on Monday so will chat to the nurse about it. But just wandered if this is normal. On the whole I feel fantastic though. I haven’t had a period for years. I was warned this could happen but worried about becoming aneamic. Lots of Love Pinks. I am so looking forward to Christmas party. X

Ms Ellie

@pink lady 10557 wrote:

This is a real night mare I am having my hormones are all over the place and I have a very heavy period for 3 weeks. And I feel absolutley shattered. Going to St Rich for 6 weeks check on Monday so will chat to the nurse about it. But just wandered if this is normal. On the whole I feel fantastic though. I haven’t had a period for years. I was warned this could happen but worried about becoming aneamic. Lots of Love Pinks. I am so looking forward to Christmas party. X

Pink lady best thing like you said have a chat with Velia/Lisa they will advise you accordingly… hope all is well look forward to seeing you on the 6th xxxx

Brains

Hi Pinks
    My hormones are also up the shoot!! Hoping they will settle down soon but best to speak to your GP or the team x

pink lady

Spoke to Veila today and she said its normal and got an appointment with my gp next week. Lost 2 stone. I feel great. Glad its not anything to worry about. Thanks Ms Ellie and Brains looking forward to meeting you all on the 6th Dec. Love Pinks X

Helen

Today, I have had my first period for the last sixteen months. As i (like alot of you ladies) never have had regular periods. Even as a teenager, I have never had regular periods. As they thought at one time I might have had a scyt on my ovaries. But didnt.

Jaysee

Hi Helen, mine have started again now that Im post op. I hadnt had a period at all for about 6 months because of my weight. I had a lot of problems with them before they stopped so Im hoping that doesnt return!

Isn’t it just amazing what the effect of losing (& gaining) weight can have on our bodies and internal organs
    WOW!

Helen

Before operation I was having a period once every fourteen to sixteen months. I have to say, it is painful and I am bleeding quite heavily. So, if it continutes like this, I will go and see my GP.

hazelann70

I’ve been on Depot Provera for about 4 years which for me is fab as it stops periods. However, after my surgery I began spotting for a couple of weeks off and on which was a pain in the arse but it settled down and I’ve had my next jab and it’s all gone away again (phew, I don’t do periods!!!) So I just put it down to the anaesthetic buggering around with the hormones etc.

Helen

I don’t do periods either….. 🙂

I get them so rarely. so when I do get them they are heavy and painful…….

kathc

Hi gals ,

Any advice on what ppl use now . I’m concerned I’m not covered by my pill and don’t want any More kids just yet only 13 days post op .

Is there any pill that is known to be ok ??

Katherine . X

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

sue wants 2 be thin
    Participant

I am 9 months post op and i have had no problem taking the pill and i am still of child bearing age.Nothing has been said to me about the pill not being ok and i haven’t fallen pregnant so must be still working x

sarahm

I got told by the doctor a while ago that the pill isnt very effective over a certain weight, i went on the injection which lasts 3 months, honestly i prefer it, its much easier and i dont have to worry about taking the pill everyday.

kathc

Thanks guys . Going to see my gp next week will discuss options with her just wanted to see what everyone else had found worked . K x x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

I have the mirena coil and love it. Didn’t hurt being put in, reliable and no periods at all. 🙂

Hope you are doing well.
    X

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media