Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Kidney stones

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Lelly

@Kimberly 34252 wrote:

Seen on Tuesday by the team and discharge . The Baratric nurse was very good and reassuring , very happy with my weight loss was 20 stone aug2013 , now 9 stone 10 . BMI now 25 . She was so reassuring , advices not to lose any more as with the extra skim my bmi is probably lower. She also said in the future if I started to regain don’t sit at home worrying to give the team a ring . How good is that and so reassuring. What a fifference 19 month has made . From house bound woman waiting for the big heart attack . To living , laughing having a full life full of hope and expectations .

I think the service that we receive is second to none, I look on a couple of Gastric Bypass pages on FB and they have little or no aftercare, truly amazing.

penny

lost my text there, i was saying glad your on the mend and feeling better, kidney stones are very painful i had them once, ouch ouch, also i did not know they were a side affect of weight loss surgery,
    on the bright side does it count as one stone lost !
    but serious tho atrial fib and sepsis you poor love big hugs xxx

penny

WOW you have done brilliant. xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Kidney and gall stones CAN be the bane of a wls patients life. I have had kidney stones but, fortunately, I haven’t had gall stones as the fabulous Shaw Somers took out my gall bladder at the same time as doing my bypass!

Take good care of yourself Kim. Kidney stones are flippin miserable 🙁

Doodah x

treeza

Lovely Kim I hope those naughty stones aren’t causing you too much trouble at the mo x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Kim, how are you doing today? Are you anywhere nearer a resolution for your kidney stones?

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Oh sorry not to get back , been celebrating birthday �� well last week had a nasty attack , drug myself up was about to get hubby to take me to ED as I wasn’t coping on tramadole plus other meds . When a big sharpe breakthrough pian . I almost drop the kettle but amazingly the pain just disapeered . Had a scan no stones in kidney or other nasty . So we think I passed it yes get in .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 34307 wrote:

Oh sorry not to get back , been celebrating birthday ?? well last week had a nasty attack , drug myself up was about to get hubby to take me to ED as I wasn’t coping on tramadole plus other meds . When a big sharpe breakthrough pian . I almost drop the kettle but amazingly the pain just disapeered . Had a scan no stones in kidney or other nasty . So we think I passed it yes get in .

The Pain when you pass one can make a grown man cry! I’m so pleased you are feeling better Kim. What a relief. 🙂

Doodah x

treeza

Kim that must have been awful pain but thank goodness it gone now! No more naughty stones now you hear x big hugs xxx

Kimberly
    Participant

You know I was about to start this post finally at target , but then stopped my self . It’s not finally that not the end it’s a continuum . So I have now reached one and I like to stress this just one of my own personal target which was to be a normal BMI . Does it feel good yes . And I cried . Now its the hard part maintaining ,I can look back and on. Reflection think there have been many milestone /targets over the past 21 months , being alive and happy is defiantly the best .
    I got my daughter wedding next year and I’m so looking forward to . I have a future and many other target to look forward too this isn’t the finale goal,target just watch this space

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 34329 wrote:

You know I was about to start this post finally at target , but then stopped my self . It’s not finally that not the end it’s a continuum . So I have now reached one and I like to stress this just one of my own personal target which was to be a normal BMI . Does it feel good yes . And I cried . Now its the hard part maintaining ,I can look back and on. Reflection think there have been many milestone /targets over the past 21 months , being alive and happy is defiantly the best .
    I got my daughter wedding next year and I’m so looking forward to . I have a future and many other target to look forward too this isn’t the finale goal,target just watch this space

This makes me SO happy. I have seen you truly blossom, Kim. It’s been a joy to behold 🙂 x

Doodah x

treeza

This makes my heart sing lovely Kim. I remember those messages when you were filled with despair & I wanted to reach into the computer & give you a hug. Now look at you. Truly amazing. Looking forward to seeing you on Thurs x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Same here. They were some dark days for Kim. But look at her now. And you whilst we are at it, Treeza, my goodness, you have blossomed too!! See you Thursday girls 🙂

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

@treeza 34338 wrote:

This makes my heart sing lovely Kim. I remember those messages when you were filled with despair & I wanted to reach into the computer & give you a hug. Now look at you. Truly amazing. Looking forward to seeing you on Thurs x

And you did Trezza , you really did you Doodah, Julie held me when it was the darkest times x I can’t thank you enough xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 34393 wrote:

And you did Trezza , you really did you Dodds Julie held me when it was the darkest times x I can’t thank you enough xx

Think how much we would have lost if we hadn’t though, Kim. We can now call you ‘friend’. You are a huge part of the support network we all share both here and at the support groups. I, for one, thank my lucky stars all the time.

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media