Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Kidney stones

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Kimberly
    Participant

I been poorly this weekend with really bad abdominal pains , seen by out hours doctor home visit 11.00pm who diagnosed kidney stones as did my GP who I saw the following day . Any way pain is going yeah ! But I thought I would share as I done a bit of research found out kidney stones can be a common side effect of WLS , I knew about gallstones being comon but not kidney . Any way knowledge is power . I just think we need to be aware . I’m on the mend but sore

Lelly

@Kimberly 33834 wrote:

I been poorly this weekend with really bad abdominal pains , seen by out hours doctor home visit 11.00pm who diagnosed kidney stones as did my GP who I saw the following day . Any way pain is going yeah ! But I thought I would share as I done a bit of research found out kidney stones can be a common side effect of WLS , I knew about gallstones being comon but not kidney . Any way knowledge is power . I just think we need to be aware . I’m on the mend but sore

Poor you, I have stones in both kidney’s and my gall bladder and in 2011 one large stone got stuck and blocked one kidney and caused kidney sepsis which then caused Atrial Fibrillation and septicaemia very ouchy. Eventually passed the offending stone in hospital and named him Sidney, unfortunately was not allowed to keep him as the Urologist wanted him as it was the largest one that he had ever known someone pass.

Lelly x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 33836 wrote:

Poor you, I have stones in both kidney’s and my gall bladder and in 2011 one large stone got stuck and blocked one kidney and caused kidney sepsis which then caused Atrial Fibrillation and septicaemia very ouchy. Eventually passed the offending stone in hospital and named him Sidney, unfortunately was not allowed to keep him as the Urologist wanted him as it was the largest one that he had ever known someone pass.

Lelly x

OUCH!!!!!

I’ve passed kidney stones but that one sounds like a beach ball! Did they slap it on the bum and wrap a blanket round it? You poor love.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

@Lelly 33836 wrote:

Lelly x

Oh my that sound so horrible and you were so poorly . Mine was a walk in the park compared to you xx

Lelly

@Doodah 33841 wrote:

OUCH!!!!!

I’ve passed kidney stones but that one sounds like a beach ball! Did they slap it on the bum and wrap a blanket round it? You poor love.

Doodah x

I have to say it did feel like that but the relief was immense

Lelly x

Lelly

@Kimberly 33842 wrote:

Oh my that sound so horrible and you were so poorly . Mine was a walk in the park compared to you xx

Pain is never a walk in the park my lovely and I wasn’t trying to say “mine was was/is worse than yours” but simply to let you I know that I do understand what you are going through. I hope that you are feeling better and drink, drink and drink and then drink some more.

Lelly x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Sip, sip, sip, – chew, chew, chew….that’s what you have to learn to do after wls.

Do You Know The 20:20:20 Rule? | Uncategorized | Bariatric Cookery

It’s a superb tip from the very lovely Carol Ball. I am so lucky to be her friend and she, mine.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

@Lelly 33846 wrote:

Pain is never a walk in the park my lovely and I wasn’t trying to say “mine was was/is worse than yours” but simply to let you I know that I do understand what you are going through. I hope that you are feeling better and drink, drink and drink and then drink some more.

Lelly x[/
    oh Lelly I do understand but that is very serious and life threatening septis , heart problems . You were one very poorly lady . I just had pain for 48 hours and it’s now gone . You were seriously I’ll xxx

treeza

Omg poor you Kim. Kidney stones are really painful & I feel for you. I’m so glad to hear the pain is subsiding now. Are they going to scan you to see how many are there? Please take care honey. Loads of love xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

And they say weight loss surgery is a walk in the park/easy option/cheats way out!!!!

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

I found my self mindless eating , and I been thinking about it a lot and realise that I eat when thirst ( which I did before WLS ) you think with having kidney stones scare I would learn my lesson and drink more !!!!! So today I’m going to do 2 litres of fluid challenge . So far four mugs of tea and it only 10.00 . And surprisingly urh!!!! I’m not hungry but really thirsty still . I worked out that I have to drink at least 8 mugs of tea/ coffee a day .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 33884 wrote:

I found my self mindless eating , and I been thinking about it a lot and realise that I eat when thirst ( which I did before WLS ) you think with having kidney stones scare I would learn my lesson and drink more !!!!! So today I’m going to do 2 litres of fluid challenge . So far four mugs of tea and it only 10.00 . And surprisingly urh!!!! I’m not hungry but really thirsty still . I worked out that I have to drink at least 8 mugs of tea/ coffee a day .

I have absolutely NO problem with not drinking enough lol! I drink so much tea that simply by giving up sugar in it, I saved myself at LEAST 15 teaspoons of sugar every day! FIFTEEN! hey presto – I’ve lost a few pounds 😉 Hydration is our best friend for staving off ‘hunger’ pangs.

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

So drink lots works !! Doh !!!! Lol

Lauren
    Keymaster

Haha! It does. It works for ME!. My Uncle once lost three stone just by drinking a 2l bottle of water a day. he did nothing else differently. Didn’t restrict his diet, and didn’t do that much more exercise. It took about a year but he has kept it off. His Psoriasis improved exponentially too.

Now, if I could only help him to give up smoking….

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

Oh my goodness I got to be honest but even writing this is difficult because for me as I tend to use denial a lot . Hiding from the truth . Ok I been making some stupid choices eating unhealthy food ( sweets crisp) and I need to stop , I put on two pound which I know considering that I eaten is not much . I’m worried I’m on the slippery slope . I feel so stupid when I know in my head how dangerouse it is for me to regain my weight .i can’t work out why I would sabotage myself . I was four pound off a normal bmi !!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media