Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

kathc’s Weight Loss Journey

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Nettie

You looked really fantastic too when I saw you on Thursday, well done.

Nettie xx

You both looked amazing so soon after your ops! I am sure I didn’t venture out for a good few weeks.
    X

Nettie

Aaah thanks Emma, hope you’ll soon be joining us, get that iron count up girl xx

kathc

Hi everyone

Feel like I haven’t posted for ages but had a mad run at home of kids ill hubby in and out of a and e – finally think we over the worst , in the middle of all that I weighed and thought I’d put 5 kg on so I was devastated , so went for my 3 month dietician follow up yesterday waiting for my wrist to be slapped and silly me I’d written my first weight down wrong !! So in fact I had lost another 10 kg !!! So I’m really happy, from before op to now 3 months my BMI had dropped 11 I’m so happy and feeling fab . Still loosing hair but hey ho I can shop in normal and cheaper clothes stores !!

I have been struggling to find yoghurts under the recommended 5 g sugar per 100g and spoke to dietician and she said yog is the one exception to the rule and we could go to 7 g as they counted the milk sugar too . So this will really open my choice now . Just thought I’d share in case anyone else finding that hard .

Right mad weekend of kiddie parties now !! Wish me luck .

Katherine . X x x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Doodah
    Keymaster

@kathc 20007 wrote:

Hi everyone

Feel like I haven’t posted for ages but had a mad run at home of kids ill hubby in and out of a and e – finally think we over the worst , in the middle of all that I weighed and thought I’d put 5 kg on so I was devastated , so went for my 3 month dietician follow up yesterday waiting for my wrist to be slapped and silly me I’d written my first weight down wrong !! So in fact I had lost another 10 kg !!! So I’m really happy, from before op to now 3 months my BMI had dropped 11 I’m so happy and feeling fab . Still loosing hair but hey ho I can shop in normal and cheaper clothes stores !!

I have been struggling to find yoghurts under the recommended 5 g sugar per 100g and spoke to dietician and she said yog is the one exception to the rule and we could go to 7 g as they counted the milk sugar too . So this will really open my choice now . Just thought I’d share in case anyone else finding that hard .

Right mad weekend of kiddie parties now !! Wish me luck .

Katherine . X x x

It’s great to hear you sound so positive and happy 😉

Doodah x

Nettie

Katherine,

Sorry to hear things have been mad at home but your weight loss has been fantastic, well done. Really can’t believe it’s been 3 months already since we had our operations. Hope to see you next week at support group.

Annette xx

kathc

Hi all , well new year and new me , I’m heading to my 6 month anniversary and feeling fab just near 7 st lost ! . I feel really lucky to have been able to do this and also my journey has been pretty text book . The only thing that really scared was the hair loss and it started at 7 weeks and was quite bad , but as I head into 6 month it really is easing off so wanted to share with others in case they too felt worried .

Thanks for all the support and help on here too really makes a huge difference and even if I don’t post every day I’m on here reading .

Katherine . X x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Thanks for that update Katherine. Well done on your weightloss!!

Hair loss seems to be the one thing that eveyone worries about. I think Bypassers suffer a wee bit more than bandsters but it is a temporary thing. It happens becuase our bodies senbd all the nutrients to the most important part of our bodies – our organs, muscles etc. Hair isn’t deemed ‘important’. As we start to level out with our nutrition, our bodies very kindly allow our hair and nails to get ‘fed’ again. I think us girls care more about the nails than the guys though! It’s all temporary but still not the nicest thing to happen. However, the benefits always outway the loss of a little bit of hair right?

You are doing brilliantly. Well done 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media