Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Just had surgery 07. 11.11

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Dee68

Hi Kerri,

The holy grail it is.

So glad to here that for me to it was a turning point yesterday has been the best so far , I have also had some mashed up veg with gravy, I’m amazed at the small amount I have I love it my husband had a normal plate size and I had a small ramekin dish was full amazing. Yes I am weighing my self every morning not sure if that’s a good idea as I never used to do that.

I can honestly say now I’m so glad I’ve had this done,how about you?

Have you taken your dressings of yet ?

I can’t wait to drive to, I’m back to work tomorrow.

Love Dee

skinnysoup

I changed my dressings yesterday and cleaned them but the longer one is still a bit weepy!

When are you driving?

Are you in any pain? It is still painful when I get up and down but I like you feel positive with everything again.

Can’t believe how clever the body is, one week on.

Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Xx

natalieyoung

Hi ya girls just wondering how many incisions you have? I have 3 small ones and two long ones.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Dee68 26438 wrote:

Hi Kerri,

The holy grail it is.

So glad to here that for me to it was a turning point yesterday has been the best so far , I have also had some mashed up veg with gravy, I’m amazed at the small amount I have I love it my husband had a normal plate size and I had a small ramekin dish was full amazing. Yes I am weighing my self every morning not sure if that’s a good idea as I never used to do that.

I can honestly say now I’m so glad I’ve had this done,how about you?

Have you taken your dressings of yet ?

I can’t wait to drive to, I’m back to work tomorrow.

Love Dee

Dee, I SO hear you about being able to drive again. 9 days and counting for me!

I had my surgery at St Richard’s and had no idea it was the Holy Grail either! I also had Shaw Somers but having now worked with both Chris Pring and Guy Slater, I would have been just as thrilled to have either of them – they are all absolute life-savers: literally!

As for weighing myself, I didn’t to start with as I loved the surprise at the clinic when they told me how much I had lost lol!I now tend to weigh myself weekly or even fortnightly as I have a better idea of how I should ‘feel’. I have maintained for about 2.5 years now so it works for me.

I am so looking forward to seeing all the newbies’ posts about how well they are doing. It’s the best part of my job!
    That and seeing them at the Tea party and not recognising them haha!
    Doodah x

Dee68

Hi Doodah,

I’ve been reading all your blogs you are amazing and so helpful to everyone a real inspiration. Have you just had a tummy tuck procedure or is that me being blonde.
    Each day is more amazing and I feel more positive, wish I had had the will power to do it myself, yoyo dieting and wish I could afford the surgery. But happy days I got there and reading this forum has help know end.

Thank you

Love Dee

Dee68

Hi Natalie,

I had 4 incisions and have change dressings, taking them of tomorrow, how are you feeling and can you drink and eat more yet, 6 days on and feeling so much better from time to time still get some pain in shoulder, but I can live with that as its getting less and less.

Love Dee

Dee68

Hi Kerri
    Pain seems to be going just get some from time to time in shoulder and happy days can sleep on my right side. Are you still taking pain killer to help with the pain in your tummy.
    Back to work for me tomorrow, need to win lotto as i Iove being at home just spend to much money with time on my hands.

Love Dee

Lauren
    Keymaster

That lotto win is mine lol!

skinnysoup

Should I be concerned that I have 5? But 4 small and one slightly larger?

Are your stitches open and exposed yet? I changed the dressing yesterday all ok and now showering again unsure whether to eep them open now do they can heal.

What are you newbies doing?

Xx

skinnysoup

No have not taken pain relief since Friday night.

I only have pain where the port is and to be fair I am nearly walking straight again, its just when I stand or sit down it hurts.

Coping really well with the food part and really learning to chew chew chew.

Already feel that it’s the best thing I have ever done though I wish everyone else would agree with me!

Xx

natalieyoung

Hi girls I have 5 incisions altogether. I have no stitches with glue on top. I am on a liquid diet for a week so I feel hungry today. My doctor said I could take my dressings off if they were dry and not weeping. I can manage about half a cup of soup now. I had some homemade soup today that was thick and I was in agony with indigestion for about 3 hours. Today I have had 1 cup of milk, 2 cups of soup, 1 yoghurt and half a cup of tea. What is everyone else eating and are you getting hunger cramps or are these to do with the band.

skinnysoup

Today I have eaten a ramekin bowl of cornflakes but only half and a cup of tea for breakfast. Lunch I had a small bowl of carrot soup and tonight I had scrambled egg.

I am beginning to feel hungry inbetween meals so have started to introduce yogurts for snacked. Not sure if the hunger pains are hunger or cramps from the stomach!

I am drinking a few bottles of water which does help with the Hunger.

I am not scared anymore to go onto the stage 2 i am more than ready.

Slowly slowly.

Xx

lynne903

I have 5 incisions too, still having pain where my port is as well. I’m still on liquid diet until Thursday when I can move on to mushed. I can’t wait – there’s only so much soup and such like I can take! :-). Hope everyone is doing ok x

natalieyoung

I have found that the low calorie hot chocolate made with hot milk are helping me. Can’t seem to get much protein in. Looking forward to some food to chew liquids is boring and yes there is only so much soup you can handle!

Well Lynne it won’t be long til some mash and gravy! Kerrie sounds like you and your band are getting in great you are eating food now which is great.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Dehydration is your number one enemy! It can make you feel nauseous and tired. It can also be confused with hunger pain.

So, sip, sip, sip for the rest of your life. It helps with digestion, constipation, concentration and well, just about everything really! It doesn’t have to be just plain water. You can have tea, coffee (decaf is best) or squash (sugar free.) Never, however, be tempted to have soda or pop. The bubbles fill up your pouch and it can be agonising!

Try to be patient when moving to the next stage. If you follow your guidelines to the letter, everything will just fall into place. You are learning to eat again. It’s an awful lot like weaning a baby lol! And we all know how long that can take 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media