Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Just had my pre-op at St Richards today

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » Just had my pre-op at St Richards today

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    kellyb

Thank you Doodah x

I had my pre op that went well , my lungs are healthy , my BP the best it’s ever been, when it came to the blood tests I felt dizzy ! They couldn’t find a vein ! I thought it was a fat thing , she asked if I’d drank water I’d had 1 1/2 litres ! She asked if I’d eaten and I told her I was on the milk diet ! She said that’s why they couldn’t find a vein and took it from my hand !

Im a bit nervous about the op , how they get you from operating table to bed ? And how embarrest I’ll feel !

Are people in pain for long after the op ?

Are there any support groups near Portsmouth ?

Kelly x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@kellyb 33966 wrote:

Thank you Doodah x

I had my pre op that went well , my lungs are healthy , my BP the best it’s ever been, when it came to the blood tests I felt dizzy ! They couldn’t find a vein ! I thought it was a fat thing , she asked if I’d drank water I’d had 1 1/2 litres ! She asked if I’d eaten and I told her I was on the milk diet ! She said that’s why they couldn’t find a vein and took it from my hand !

Im a bit nervous about the op , how they get you from operating table to bed ? And how embarrest I’ll feel !

Are people in pain for long after the op ?

Are there any support groups near Portsmouth ?

Kelly x

Hi Kelly

They will probably ask you to walk to the theatre as it get the blood flowing, heart pumping and lungs working. As for pain, it will be very well controlled in the early stages so don’t worry about that. Your blood tests show how important it is to stay hydrated all the time. I have ‘baby’ veins so always drink at least a pint of water before having a blood test (and even then they have to resort to getting it out of my hands or feet.)

I run a support group in Gunwharf Quays, every third Thursday in the Holiday Inn Express – The Nelson Room on the ground floor by the lift. Please be assured of a very big welcome both from me and the other members should you wish to come along. It’s fully accessible now that the lift is working again!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.holidayinn-expressportsmouth.co.uk%2F&ei=QQWRVfSJAcLP7QbQr7agCg&usg=AFQjCNGKo2OPlB6rqWj1q-whoYnWD1RN7Q

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/gb/en/portsmouth/pmegq/hoteldetail

Think the first link might be playing hide and seek today so have put two links 🙂

The next ones are on these dates:

Thursday 16 July
    Thursday 20 August
    Thursday 17 September
    Thursday 22 October
    Thursday 19 November
    Thursday 17 December

All start at 19:30 until 21:30

Hope this is helpful!

Doodah x

Lelly

@kellyb 33919 wrote:

I have my pre op this Wednesday ! My ops 4th July ???? on day 3 of my milk diet !

How are you doing on the milk diet ?

I started my milk diet on Friday, meant to start today but knew I had gained a few pounds since pre-op, so I started early, I love it, had a trial run a few weeks back but cannot stomach the jelly. I forgot to weigh myself on Friday, I know I’m a muppet, so weighed myself Saturday and again this morning and in those two days I have lost 12lbs, I am amazed!

Lelly x

Lelly

@kellyb 33965 wrote:

It’s day 9 of the milk diet now ,I’ve found it ok up till now ! Where I’ve had thoughts what would cheese taste like in my mouth and to spit it out after !! But I just had chicken bovril instead ! and a glass of squash !

Feeling a bit nervous as its all coming real now ! But excited .

Where are you having the surgery lelly ?

Kelly

St Richards in Chichester, you?

kellyb

I’m at QA Portsmouth x

kellyb

Thank you , Doodah x
    I’ll come to the August one and the rest as I’m not sure if I’ll be ok for the July one just yet x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@kellyb 33998 wrote:

Thank you , Doodah x
    I’ll come to the August one and the rest as I’m not sure if I’ll be ok for the July one just yet x

A very sensible decision Kelly.

Once we have all met you, I can add you to our 100% confidential Facebook page. We don’t add people until we have physically met them as someone came along once and was actually a journalist!! Therefore, our lovely Streamliner made the rule that we had to meet future page members in ‘real life’. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance as some people don’t tell anyone about their surgery. It’s a private, medical matter and we have to respect everyone’s decision regarding being ‘out’ about wls.

I look forward to meeting you!

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media