Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Just a check in!

Home ยป Topics ยป Surgical Journey ยป The Gastric Bypass Operation ยป Just a check in!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vickster

Hi guys,

I am so sorry that I have been absent for long! Been very busy!
    I had a follow up at Loxwood yesterday, and apparently I have lost 68% of my excess body weight in the 7 months since my op, and am 11 and a half stone lighter, so very, very pleased with that!
    I can honestly say, aside from marrying my husband, it is the best decision I ever made!
    This time last year I was around 30 stone and could barely walk. This week I have done yoga, I have walked, swam, and am playing badminton tonight.
    I really do feel as though I have my life back.

I do have quite a lot of saggy skin, my arms are terrible, my legs have what look sun canopies at the top, and if I don’t wear a normal bra and a sports bra over the top, I do have four boobs, but I really, really don’t care! Life is good, I am healthier, and happier.
    I still have a long way left to go, but am looking forward to the rest of the journey!

TTFN X X X

bikerchris
    Participant

Hi Vickster

How wonderful to read your update, well done. You have done amazingly. I feel the same, wls is the best thing I ever did too.

As for the skin, well I’m in the same boat. It does bother me but in comparison with the benefits to my health, it’s a small price to pay. That said, if I had the money, I’d certainly consider cosmetic surgery to deal with it. But I’d need so much doing, upper arms, thighs, bum, stomach and boobs, it’d be tens of thousands. It’s just not going to happen.

So well done again and I look forward to hearing more updates as you go. I never tire of reading the fabulous successes on this forum

Chris x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Again, I’m the same as you Chris! I had my tummy done but that was for health really – the infections were simply awful. As for the rest of it, if I won the lotto then yes, I would have it done. But, for me personally, it’s not worth going into debt over. I’d rather spend the money on travelling!

I love hearing all the updates. I don’t understand why we don’t get so many these days as they are SO inspirational for any newbies coming through. Everyone is probably out living their amazing new lives and I guess that’s how it is supposed to be ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

CurvyJem
    Participant

Lovely to read this update as I think Vickster and I had our ops around the same time and I feel exactly the same, I’m 9 stone lighter after 7 months and I too have a new lease of life. I went horse riding, played tennis and did a six mile walk at the weekend, things my body just couldn’t do when I weighed 26 stone.

I’m lucky thus far and don’t really have any loose skin, but I’ve been exercising and creaming from the start so I don’t know if that’s helped me or if I’m just lucky.

Gastric Bypass was the best decision I’ve ever made and I’m determined not to look back ๐Ÿ™‚

Lauren
    Keymaster

@CurvyJem 34947 wrote:

Lovely to read this update as I think Vickster and I had our ops around the same time and I feel exactly the same, I’m 9 stone lighter after 7 months and I too have a new lease of life. I went horse riding, played tennis and did a six mile walk at the weekend, things my body just couldn’t do when I weighed 26 stone.

I’m lucky thus far and don’t really have any loose skin, but I’ve been exercising and creaming from the start so I don’t know if that’s helped me or if I’m just lucky.

Gastric Bypass was the best decision I’ve ever made and I’m determined not to look back ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you SO, SO much for this update, Jem. I have the biggest smile on my face now. My life, you must have worked hard. Well done. I’m so pleased for you. Be very, very proud of yourself ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media