Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Joined Today – Hoorah

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Vonone

Just joined today and its great to read all your posts and share your experiences. Like most of you I have tried every diet under the sun, recently LighterLife and then put weight back on. I enjoyed being slimmer, gave me more confidence and I felt healthier too. I’m having my Gastric Bypass hopefully next month privately, meet NICE guidelines but not in my PCT area so have been saving and took the plunge. Justifying the expenditure was hard as I have never put my own needs before my family, but concluded that my improved health would benefit everyone.
    I look forward to sharing my experiences and recieveing much needed support.

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Vonone 22790 wrote:

Just joined today and its great to read all your posts and share your experiences. Like most of you I have tried every diet under the sun, recently LighterLife and then put weight back on. I enjoyed being slimmer, gave me more confidence and I felt healthier too. I’m having my Gastric Bypass hopefully next month privately, meet NICE guidelines but not in my PCT area so have been saving and took the plunge. Justifying the expenditure was hard as I have never put my own needs before my family, but concluded that my improved health would benefit everyone.

Hi Vonone and welcome!

You have hit the nail right on the head when you say that your improved health will benefit your entire family. It’s the best thing you can do for yourself and for those you love and want to be around with for longer.

Look forward to hearing all about it!

Doodah x

LINDY LOO

@Vonone 22790 wrote:

Welcome Vonone
    I am sure your improvrd health will enjoyed by everyone. I had my GBP on 23rd March and I did this for my health, so I am hoping things will improve.

Vonone

Thanks for supportive posts.
    I feel that I have so many questions to ask and this is the best place to ask them.
    Prescriptions, is it a good idea to subscribe to a yearly fee to cover all the injections and vitamins.
    What are your bowel habits like, im concerned that food goes straight through, do i have to be near a toilet, is it offensive.
    How do you all manage with the resrtictions when you have to cook for others.
    Do you really stop wanting /thinking of food.
    Am I thinking too much!!
    I have read everything on the bypass proceedure – its the other little life changing things I dont know about xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Vonone

You are right to ask all the questions that bother you – we have all done it at some point.

Yes to the yearly prescription subscription (try saying THAT ten times fast lol)
    You will only have to be near a toilet if you eat anything of which you don’t know the exact ingredients and sometimes yes it is offensive if you have tried something new.
    Most of our families, partners etc have benefitted from eating the same food as us as it’s low fat and sugars so try to get your loved ones to fit in with you rather than the other way round.
    You will stop thinking about food! You may even have to be reminded to eat – hard to fathom I know!
    No, you are not thinking too much. You are right to want to know all the possible pitfalls and it proves you are ready, willing and able to learn how to improve your health and wellbeing with the help of weight loss surgery.

Some useful links!

https://apps.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/ppcwebsales/

Return to Slender, the UK’s first bariatric cookery book | Bariatric Cookery

First is the link to order the prescription pre payment certificate and the second if for two fantastic books written by the lovely Carol Ball which we all use as a ‘bible’ after surgery.

Hope this helps 😉

Doodah x

Vonone

Doodah, thank you so much. Im actually sat here crying with happiness. I go to see the dietician on Thursday so that she can tell me what and when i need to start my pre op diet. Thanks once again, it means so much to ‘chat’ with someone who has been, seen, done it and got the t shirt. xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Aw Vonone, I’m so glad you are feeling a bit better about everything. Good luck for tomorrow sweetheart. Let us know how you get on ok?

Doodah x

yasanne

Thank you Vonone, you have asked some of the questions i wanted to know, im 9 days pre-op and new like you too.
    I just cant imagine not being hungy, i just can’t seem to believe i will be like that, it will be fantastic to not be hungry all the time.

Vonone

Got the book so will be doing some pre op prep in readiness. Dietician in morning, I go on a broth an jelly diet, not milk, will have to ask as most of you talk about the pre op milk diet.
    Have a date for the 11th May – blimey that’s less than three weeks – OMG. Will keep you posted

Yasanne, hope your pre op diet going well. I’ve been clearing out my wardrobe in readiness and aim to get in all those clothes that I have “grown” out of.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Isn’t the book brill? It shows you don’t have to exist on bland slop for the rest of your life! My family have all enjoyed trying out the recipes with me and have become healthier too. Win/Win or what?

Doodah xx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media