Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Jewellery

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi All

Just wanted to share with you a, for want of a better word, revelation with everyone. Has anyone else had to spend a small fortune getting jewellery altered? It started with the wedding ring, then the engagement ring, quickly followed by the signet, eternity and now a ring the kids got me one birthday and then, as if that isn’t enough altering, it seems I haven’t finished yet, I’ve now got to get untold necklaces and bracelets altered!! Don’t get me wrong I am absolutely rejoicing in this development, and it nice that it’s not just clothes that have to get altered but jewellery!!!!!! that is one aspect I hadn’t even thought of…..

Has anyone else had to get something altered that they hadn’t given a second thought to ?

Love to all
    Lesley
    xxx:target:

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Lesley

I have spent the last 4 years having my jewellery altered! Most recent was my wedding and engagement ring for the 4th time each. They are down from an ‘L’ to an ‘H’. I had to stop having my others made smaller because they can only do it so many times. My eternity ring is now worn on my right hand which is ever so slightly bigger.

My husband bought me a beautiful oppiversary bracelet with a charm on it last week – a child’s one as my wrist is only 6 1/4″!! I think I have reached my optimum weight loss now so hopefully, it won’t cost me anymore. I have a drawer full of rings I can’t afford to have re-sized though :-((

Wait till you have to replace all your shoes…..!!!

Doodah x

katy

I keep meaning to have my rings resized but have been loathe to do it until I get to where I hope to be.
    I should have got it done as yesterday I was driving on a dual carriage with my window open. I put my hand out of the window for a second and one of my rings flew straight off my hand never to be seen again! Fortunately it was a cheap one but will def get my engagement ring re sized now
    Katy x!

Lauren
    Keymaster

Oh my life Katy! Imagine if it HAD been your engagement ring! I kept launching mine across the kitchen when I flapped my hands after washing them!! Go get it done. I think it’s about £15-20 per ring.

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Absolutely, I’d be devastated if I’d lost any of mine.

As for shoes, my daughter is not allowed to throw any shoes out until I’ve had a look, she’s a size smaller than me and my feet are slowly shrinking, now down to a size 5 and a half so we’re doing our bit for the environment and recycling all her shoes that she no longer wants, yippee new(ish) shoes and hubby’s happy cos I didn’t spend anything, isnt’ recycling great……..

Love to all
    Lesley
    xxx

ebaa

Omg !!! My wedding engagement and eternity rings are now on a chain round my neck !!! I hadn’t even given this a thought until I read this !!!! Thankyou and I’m glad someone else has mentioned shrinking feet I thought I was abnormal !!! X

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Ebaa

Absolutely nothing abnormal here, I did experience something like this when I went to weight watchers, very many moons ago, and got down to gaol weight (the first and only time!!!!) then my feet lost half a size but that obviously didn’t stay but boy a whole size I couldn’t believe it when the lass in the shoe shop told me, I will admit though that I felt a bit of a plonker asking for my feet to be measured but, when I explained that I’d lost a lot of weight they were very accommodating.

If you have a question don’t be afraid to ask, you can guarentee someone is just waiting for an answer.

Take care and happy shrinking…. lol

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxxx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi All,
    As I am not a ring, necklace etc. person that has not bothered me but my feet have gone down from a size 7 to a 6/5.5 and as for my bust well lets not even go there. Started this journey as a size 48dd, my daughter treated me at Christmas to a visit to Bravissmo where they fit (not measure) the bra to you and I had gone down to a 38e, I am now down to a 36b and still shrinking, I have never in all my years of having to wear a bra been this small, where is it going to end, not that I am moaning but that is the one thing that I do regret is loosing my bust.
    Elaine xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

I wish I could have lost more on mine so it just goes to show how different we all are 😉

Doodah x

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Doodah,
    I am now buying padded bra’s and bra’s that give you lift and anything else I can find lol.
    Elaine x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi

Wish you could get something for the bum, I’ve lost mine, it’s gone, don’t know where it is but it’s definitely gone, I can’t remember losing it it’s just not there anymore, and it used to be sooo shapely, looked nice in a good pair of jeans, oh well as Maria von trapp used to say, when one door closes another opens so there’s hope yet for my bum to come home again…. in a nice shapely way of course.

Happy shrinking….

Love
    Lesley
    xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

I’ve lost my ample derrier too and am a bit sad about it. Wish they could use the excess skin on my belly to pad out my bum haha!

Doodah x

Deifersmum
    Participant

here here, perhaps we should talk to Shaw Summers at the tea party to ask if there’s a way the team could patent the idea, I for one have more than enough to produce a reasonably shapely posterier……. (hehehehe) lol

Take care
    Love
    Lesley
    xxxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Haha! I LOVE this idea proposal!! Do you think he’s go for it?

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Deifersmum 24709 wrote:

Hi All

Just wanted to share with you a, for want of a better word, revelation with everyone. Has anyone else had to spend a small fortune getting jewellery altered? It started with the wedding ring, then the engagement ring, quickly followed by the signet, eternity and now a ring the kids got me one birthday and then, as if that isn’t enough altering, it seems I haven’t finished yet, I’ve now got to get untold necklaces and bracelets altered!! Don’t get me wrong I am absolutely rejoicing in this development, and it nice that it’s not just clothes that have to get altered but jewellery!!!!!! that is one aspect I hadn’t even thought of…..

Has anyone else had to get something altered that they hadn’t given a second thought to ?

Love to all
    Lesley
    xxx:target:

I actually have about thirty pairs of size 5.5 and 6 shoes going begging if any of you are interested? I went from a 6 to a 4.5!! All styles including wedges, courts, pumps and dancing shoes! Inbox me if you would like more details 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media