Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

I’ve made it!!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Thais

Looking into it right now….

Thanks!!

stars
    Thais wrote:
    Looking into it right now….

Thanks!!

I’m new on here and I’ve got my op on 5 March!!

katy

Hey stars
    I’m having mine in the 5th too. Are you at st Richards?
    Katy x

stars
    katy wrote:
    Hey stars
    I’m having mine in the 5th too. Are you at st Richards?
    Katy x

Heya, No, I’m having it done in somerset. Have you started the liver shrinking diet?

katy

Hello
    I did the pre op diet for 2 weeks in jan then my op was cancelled at the at the last minute so I am starting it again on Monday. At least I know what I’m doing this time and my freezer is already full of mush so I won’t need to worry about that!
    Let me know how you get on
    Katy x

stars
    katy wrote:
    Hello
    I did the pre op diet for 2 weeks in jan then my op was cancelled at the at the last minute so I am starting it again on Monday. At least I know what I’m doing this time and my freezer is already full of mush so I won’t need to worry about that!
    Let me know how you get on
    Katy x

That must be so annoying when it gets cancelled. I’m starting my pre op diet on Monday too as they said I had to do it two weeks before the op. I’m not that organised, I haven’t prepared food yet, I think I’ll just deal with that after. I’ve just been sorting out all the meds for after the op. Yeah I will keep u posted and would love to hear about your journey too. x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Good luck with the pre op diet Stars x It’s surprisingly easy 😉

Doodah x

stars
    Doodah wrote:
    Good luck with the pre op diet Stars x It’s surprisingly easy 😉

Doodah x

Thank you. I’m struggling a little today as I’ve got headache but it will be day 3 tomorrow so hopefully it will get easier.

shelleymarie

Good luck Stars and keep at it. Just think what you will lose on it before you’ve even had your op 🙂 and Thais you little ticker thing shows some great weight loss already. Really excited for you 😀

Lauren
    Keymaster

@stars 21886 wrote:

Thank you. I’m struggling a little today as I’ve got headache but it will be day 3 tomorrow so hopefully it will get easier.

How’s the headach today Stars? If it persists, try to sip water a little more often so avoid constipation (which can cause headaches.) I know it seems ludicrous to drink more when you are already drinking 4 pints of milk a day but water is a natural cleanser and helps to keep things moving along nicely. It also helps with any ‘head hunger’ that might creep in.

You are doing well so far so keep up the good work and remember we are all here for you 😉

Doodah x

Precious

Hi doodah, where did you get your op done? I’m looking to get it done for my daughter. ?? X x best wishes

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Precious.

I had my surgery at St Richard’s Hospital in Chichester in 2008. I had a gastric bypass with Mr Shaw Somers and his fantastic team there and have lost 15 stone. However, every single one of Streamline Surgical’s locations are just as brillaint as are their other surgeons and teams.

How about taking her along to a free information seminar to see what she thinks?

Doodah x

Thais

Hi Shellymarie, about the ticker is because I’d been a bit cheeky and included the weight I lost with the milk diet, now I’m waiting to my next appointment at the clinic to get weight in, so it will be a surprise ( a good one I hope).

Constipation is a bit deal to me at the moment, nothing that I do seems to avoid it completely, not drinking lots of water, not taking milk of magnesia, any other suggestions???
    PLEASE!!!

shelleymarie

Well I think you should absolutely include the weight lost during the milk diet, I know I will! it’s your hard work and deserving to be counted in overall weight loss. Very excited to hear how much you have lost at your next appointment 🙂

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Thais 21933 wrote:

Hi Shellymarie, about the ticker is because I’d been a bit cheeky and included the weight I lost with the milk diet, now I’m waiting to my next appointment at the clinic to get weight in, so it will be a surprise ( a good one I hope).

Constipation is a bit deal to me at the moment, nothing that I do seems to avoid it completely, not drinking lots of water, not taking milk of magnesia, any other suggestions???
    PLEASE!!!

Ask your GP to prescribe something. I use senna tablets and some orange powdery things that disolve in water: Laxido Orange Oral Powder 13.8 gram per sachet. The powder softens everything so your eyes don’t water when things finally get moving haha!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media