Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

I’ve made it!!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Thais

Finally is here!!!
    Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life, really excited and a little bit scare I have to say, but I trust that I’ll be in good hands.

And as you say around here; see you very soon in the losers bench!! :high5:

See on friday lovely…..so excited for you xxxxxx

luckyflower

All the best I am sure you are in good hands see you after on the losers bench. Let us know how you get on.

Doodah
    Keymaster

Let us know how you are as soon as you can. We are all so excited for you!

Doodah x

Am so pleased for you!

Copey

Well done and good luck on the start of the rest of your life – you are only a month behind me as mine was on 10th Jan 🙂 so I should be able to warn you what to expect – new clothes and all 🙂

Doodah
    Keymaster

Good luck for today Thais xx

Doodah xx

Liz Sage

Good Luck for today, its my turn on Monday, can’t wait. three more sleeps.

Thais

Thank you all for your good wishes,
    I’m back home, everything went just fine and I’m taking it easy now.
    The only thing is that I’m a bit lost now on what should I eat and how often,because at the moment I don’t feel the need to eat, what I feel is quite thirsty all the time, but I don’t know if there is an amount of water you can drink at the time, I’m very scare to make myself sick because my tummy still sore and I don’t think I could cope with making the effort, any advice? please?

midge

Well done hope your feeling well…….I would have thought that you can have plenty to drink but slowly sip by sip, I’m sure you will soon have all the answers you need
    Midge

Pinkdancer

I don’t know where you have gad it done but you shoudl aim for 3 meals and 3 snacks a day.

Drink 64 fl oz i think it is. but not half an hour either size of eating anything so half and hour be for and not for half and hour after. You won’t make it through this amount yet but you sure need to try to get as much fluid down you as you can.

Your dinner dish for now should be a ramekin size and protein first followed by veg followed by carbohydrates. At the moment it is just puree for a few weeks. snack on mashed banana, cheese triangles that sort of this. Milky coffee for a snack as it is good for fluid as well as protein. I am sure there will be lots of people along with some more suggestions. Breakfast weetabix, ready brek add fruit puree for a change and just watch the sugar content nothing over 5g per 100g or you will dump.

Good luck and welcome to the losers bench xx

luckyflower

Hi yes drink sips all the time and think about having 3 meals (liquid) a day. If you are not sure look through the info from the hospital you will find ideas of what to have. Also i found Carol Bowden Ball s book very good called return to slender at the moment you need the first book. you can find it on her website Bariatric cookery or Amazon.
    Wishing you well in your recovery……..one other tip start gentle walks outside if you can, helps get started and recovery and with wind!
    Lucky

Doodah
    Keymaster

All the above is fab advice, Thais.

Carol Bowen Ball has two books out now abd both are used like ‘bibles’ with wls people!

Take things slowly, follow the guidlines to the letter and be kind to yourself. Woo Hoo, it’s so exciting isn’t it?

Doodah x

Thais

Thank you girls for all the good advice,

I was done at St Richards, feeling much better every day, I think I’m doing quite all right as at the moment I haven’t had any displeasures and I’m definitely going to look into the cookery book as I see that many of you are big fans of it.
    I’ll keep you posted 🙂

Doodah
    Keymaster

Recipes and advice for weight-loss surgery patients | Uncategorized | Bariatric Cookery

There you go Thais: Carol Bowen Ball’s website. You can order both her books from here and join up and get a monthly newsletter too.

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media