Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

I’ve got my date!!!

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » I’ve got my date!!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #54044
    Vickster
    Member

    I think I caused confusion, the contradictory feelings were just about the concert, still 100% excited about the operation!!
    The concert was fantastic, and the venue were brilliant, and it felt like another one of those “goodbyes” to my old self. My last concert pre-op…ahhhhh what a nice thought!

    Just have to share a little thing with you, on my desk I have a stack of post it notes, and I have numbered each one as a count down to my operation. I job share and work from a different desk for half the week, so today was the first day that I have been at this desk for a little while, and imagine the satisfaction when I ripped off from 66 down to 56!! Whoop Whoop!

    #54008
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    @Vickster 33978 wrote:

    I think I caused confusion, the contradictory feelings were just about the concert, still 100% excited about the operation!!
    The concert was fantastic, and the venue were brilliant, and it felt like another one of those “goodbyes” to my old self. My last concert pre-op…ahhhhh what a nice thought!

    Just have to share a little thing with you, on my desk I have a stack of post it notes, and I have numbered each one as a count down to my operation. I job share and work from a different desk for half the week, so today was the first day that I have been at this desk for a little while, and imagine the satisfaction when I ripped off from 66 down to 56!! Whoop Whoop!

    BRILLIANT idea! That appeals to my ‘Mrs List’ alter ego no end haha!

    Doodah x

    #54045
    Vickster
    Member

    I am very much a visual thinker (I’m never happier than when I have an analogy!!) and I find this really helps to keep me motivated. I also have a huge board at home which sets out my “5 year plan”. With (all be it badly drawn) pictures of all the things I want to happen over the next five years, from starting a new career, moving home, having a family to little things like having a bath, having a towel that goes all the way round, and wearing seasonally appropriate clothing!!

    #54036
    Lelly
    Member

    @Vickster 33978 wrote:

    I think I caused confusion, the contradictory feelings were just about the concert, still 100% excited about the operation!!
    The concert was fantastic, and the venue were brilliant, and it felt like another one of those “goodbyes” to my old self. My last concert pre-op…ahhhhh what a nice thought!

    Just have to share a little thing with you, on my desk I have a stack of post it notes, and I have numbered each one as a count down to my operation. I job share and work from a different desk for half the week, so today was the first day that I have been at this desk for a little while, and imagine the satisfaction when I ripped off from 66 down to 56!! Whoop Whoop!

    What a brilliant idea, that must have been a great feeling! It reminds me of school when 26 days from the end of term we used to write the letter of the alphabet starting on the 26th day Z so on the last day of term it was A day Lelly xx

    #54037
    Lelly
    Member

    @Doodah 33973 wrote:

    Two more days have passed already! You will soon be able to say ‘I have my surgery tomorrow’!! I love this bit. It really was (for me) like being a child counting down the days to Christmas lol! then get the best present EVER.

    I wonder if that makes Shaw Somers, Santa haha?

    Doodah x

    Oooo excited xx

    #54009
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    @Lelly 33991 wrote:

    What a brilliant idea, that must have been a great feeling! It reminds me of school when 26 days from the end of term we used to write the letter of the alphabet starting on the 26th day Z so on the last day of term it was A day Lelly xx

    May I share this idea with my daughter please, Vickster? She is a primary school teacher and I think her students would love it. Please say no if it’s not ok.

    Doodah x

    #54038
    Lelly
    Member

    @Doodah 34006 wrote:

    May I share this idea with my daughter please, Vickster? She is a primary school teacher and I think her students would love it. Please say no if it’s not ok.

    Doodah x

    Of course you can I think it’s a brilliant way of seeing how long till the holidays, it was especially nice for our boarders who would be seeing family that they hadn’t seen for ages.

    Lelly x

    #54010
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    @Lelly 34012 wrote:

    Of course you can I think it’s a brilliant way of seeing how long till the holidays, it was especially nice for our boarders who would be seeing family that they hadn’t seen for ages.

    Lelly x

    I will definitely be using it myself. I do have an excellent memory (for my age) but I like to have lots of ‘plan Bs’ haha!

    Thanks Lelly 😉

    Doodah x

    #54046
    Vickster
    Member

    Five weeks today til my pre op!!!

    #54021
    Kimberly
    Participant

    how exciting x

    #54047
    Vickster
    Member

    And I can now say my operation is NEXT MONTH!!! Whoop Whoop!!!

    #54039
    Lelly
    Member

    @Vickster 34022 wrote:

    And I can now say my operation is NEXT MONTH!!! Whoop Whoop!!!

    Yay!!!!!!

    xxx

    #54040
    Lelly
    Member

    @Vickster 34019 wrote:

    Five weeks today til my pre op!!!

    Hasn’t that come around quick! xxx

    #54011
    Lauren
    Keymaster

    Where is the time going?

    My niece was born at 27 weeks weighing 1 lb 7 ozs and was not expected to survive. But survive she DID! She has health and learning difficulties – BUT – she is EIGHTEEN next week!! Where the frilly heck has eighteen years gone?!

    Can you even imagine what a celebration that is for our family!? It just goes to show that NOTHING is impossible with the care and support of loved ones. So, as you count down the weeks, then hours, then minutes, remember this: You can do anything you set your mind to.

    Your time is coming Vickster and all you other ‘newbies’. Grab it with both hands and never let go. We are all here to help you.

    Doodah x

    #54048
    Vickster
    Member

    Oh Wow Doodah, what a huge celebration! My god-daughter has profound and multiple learning and physical disabilities due to a genetic condition which kicked in when she was 18 months, taking with it a lot of the learning and development that had attained at that age. In September she will be 10, and I can honestly say that she inspires me every day! Just one grin or giggle from her lights up my world. I have not been able to sit her on my lap properly since she was about two, and one of the things on my list is for her to sit on my lap and we can have story time together. Such a great motivation. Congratulations to your family, hope you have a great time!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search Forums

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media