Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

It’s sunny,and I have a date for surgery, what could be better!

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » Pre-op Appointments- What to expect » It’s sunny,and I have a date for surgery, what could be better!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hypnothink

The time has come to say goodbye to one part of me and hello to the future. I’ll be sad in many ways to say goodbye to my trusty old gastric band, fitted in 2000, but it’s gone senile as I like to think and takes on fluid, stops me eating and drinking for days on end, so when I can eat i now eat the wrong foods and as a result have put on weight steadily over the last three years. I origionally lost 10st , then had two beautiful daughters so I have no regrets, but it’s time to go for gold now.

When I had my band fitted I wasn’t ready for bypass so the band was ideal and it has been fantastic, we have had ups and downs, but you just need to hang in there. At least nowdays you have this fab support group, In the old day(omg)we were sort of was left to get on with it, I did know other bandsters and we all did support each other but there just wasn’t the professional support of enough peeple in the same boat to help.

So here I go again, roll on 17 July at Harrow.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Hypno!

I had my bypass on 17 July four years ago!!! At Chichester with Shaw Somers. I’m 15st lighter and feeling hopeful about my future for the first time in many, many yeras.

So looking forward to hearing about your second honeymoon lol!!

Who is doing your op? There is a super support group in the Clementine Churchill Hospital run by the fabulous Stacey Brova. It’s on tonight as a matter of fact – 7.30 in the restaurant. I’m travelling all the way up from Southampton as it’s such a brilliant group.

Doodah x

hypnothink

Shaw Somers is doing it, hope to see at a support meeting after my op.

Lauren
    Keymaster

Why not come along before? It’s the second thursday of every month. We have people at the group who are still only at the ‘thinking about it’ stage and other old times like me. Everyone is welcome plus friends, partners etc.

Look forward to meeting you 😉

Doodah x

hypnothink

When is the next support meeting at harrow, next week? Who do I contact about coming?

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi there. The next meeting at Harrow is on 12 July at 7.30 at the Clementine Churchill Hospital (in the restaurant, ironically) and ALL are welcome.

Contact Stacey Brova: 0800 157 7033.

Look forward to seeing you there if you can make it 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media