Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Its not soooo bad!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    tinkly_roars

Hi everyone

I just thought i would tell folk how I’m finding the milk diet as i’m now 5 days into it (5 days out of 12).

What has really surprised me is that i haven’t felt really really hungry, as i thought that i would. I’ve mainly been drinking the milk as milky coffee’s (decaffinated so that i don’t get headaches from too much caffeine). I’ve tried to spread my drinks as best i can throughout the day. As soon as i feel a hunger pain coming on I have another drink (water or milky) and that tends to do the trick for another hour or so. I’ve made my drinks in the smallest mug i have just so it helps with having enough milk to get through the day.

I’ve tended to have my oxo/bovril drink around the same time i would normally have had my tea – that’s because I’ve tried to convince myself i’m having something savoury. It helps and its a nice break from some of the milk!

I’ve only written this post as i’m hoping it will reassure anyone who is near to having their op, that its not soooo bad. Having said that, I’m lucky that i can tolerate milk and that I’m the sort of person who can stick to the rules (when i want to). I keep in my head that this diet is only going to benefit me when i’m on the operating table as whatever weight i lose is going to help reduce the risk of the anaesthetic and it will have reduced the size of my liver providing the space my surgeon needs to operate which will hopefully mean that the op will be done in the quickest time possible – again reducing the risks of having surgery.

Tinks x

good girl
    this is the EASY part
    good luvk with your WL Journey xx

Anonymous

LOL, good girl Tinks Well done…
    I loved the milk diet and am thinking of going back on it for a week just to kick things off again….

Their is a 5 day pouch test I am looking at from over the waters when you think later on your doing too much (like me)

So nearlly half way give yourself a big pat on the back and be proud of what you have done…. Well done

Buzz x

Sally Bailey
    Participant

Well done Tinks. You are obviously in control of things and looking forward to being a new healthy you! When and where is your op and who is doing it?
    You’re right about being lucky enough to be able to tolerate milk. Must be hard for the lactose intolerant to have to use an alternative method. I just loved the simplicity of the milk diet – it required no thought!! It’s amazing how you don’t get ravenously hungry though isn’t it? Makes you realise how much people over eat in general these days.
    keep up the good work hon.

Sally x

Pinkdancer

Hi Tinks,

It was great to meet you this evening, good luck for next week, Keep us up to date with your journey.

Anonymous

Hopefully Tinks Last night was what you needed….
    It truley is good to have you on board….. Just sorry if some of my initial input might have been seen as a little negative….

Stand proud be strong… your going to perform some miracles…. and have your life back in order soon enough…
    Your love it, I’m sure…

Buzz xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

I’m so excited for you Tinks. Wasn’t last night brilliant?!

Don’t listen too much to any of the negative stuff on here – it will probably never concern you! You know what I mean….

Doodah xxx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Tinks,
    I loved the milk diet and like you kepted in focus what I was doing it for and what the end result would be and I lost over the two weeks well over a stone and it was a great start to my weight lost journey. Keep up the good work and good luck for your op.
    Elaine xx

ruby tuesday

Great to see you again Tinks, and reasurring you are ok on milk, especially when free from the bar!! Will be thinking of you next week, and afterwards when you are LOOSING WEIGHT!! xx

tinkly_roars

@Sally Bailey 14796 wrote:

Well done Tinks. You are obviously in control of things and looking forward to being a new healthy you! When and where is your op and who is doing it?
    You’re right about being lucky enough to be able to tolerate milk. Must be hard for the lactose intolerant to have to use an alternative method. I just loved the simplicity of the milk diet – it required no thought!! It’s amazing how you don’t get ravenously hungry though isn’t it? Makes you realise how much people over eat in general these days.
    keep up the good work hon.

Sally x

Hi Sally

My op is being done by the lovely Mr Jamie Kelly at the Wessex Nuffield next Monday (only 6 days to go!). I met with the lovely people from Buzz’s support group on Monday night and am reassured that i’m making the right decision for me, and that i can look forward to a much better and lighter life following my op. Soooooo looking forward to being on the loser’s bench.

Tinks x

Irene

Hi Tinks
    So pleased you are coping with the milk diet. I found it easy as I love milk anyway, and it is the first step on this amazing journey. Keep as positive as you are you are doing so well.
    Lovely meeting you and Ruby Tuesday on Monday evening.
    Wishing you all the best for next week and looking forward to moving up that losers bench for you xxx

ClaireBear

Thanks for the reassurance! I’m on day 1 and having a total panic over whether I can do it or not… !! good to know it is doable! (well i knew that but its good to hear someone survived lol iykwim!)

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi ClaireBear

Day 1 is probably the nerviest (is that even a word?!) as it’s all so new and unlike any other diet really. have to say, I found the milk diet easy due to it’s simplicity – what does that say about me haha!

Good luck with it and stay in touch to let us all know how it’s going – and shout if you need any help!

Doodah x

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media