Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

It’s been a week and a half since I’ve had op!

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Bypass Operation » The first 6 months of the Gastric Bypass » It’s been a week and a half since I’ve had op!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sez

Just had Gastric Bypass, can anyone tell me when the plasters on my stomach can come off, have changed them since leaving hospital and wounds look like they’re healing nicely!

kathc

I was told to take them off 4 days after I left . When did you have your op ?

Katherine.

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Doodah
    Keymaster

Me too, about 5 days after op if they look clean and well-healed 😉

ruby tuesday

Hi Sez, congrats on having had your op and being back home, you are just a little ahead of me having mine, so will be interesting to read your posts. best wishes

Nettie

You wont be long now Ruby, it will be here before you know it

Nettie xx

ruby tuesday

Thanks Nettie, only today and tommorow before milk diet starts, op next week! It feel like Iv’e waited for ages, and simultaneously going quickly now if that makes sense!

I don’t know much about bands to be able to say anything helpful, so I hope someone with experience of them picks up both your posts to be able to discuss this with you. My understanding is until you have had several fills to reach your sweet spot, you have no restriction, and weight lost is through diet and exercise? I guess this means sort of imposing rules yourself, and working at the willpower factor we all struggle with? I wish you both every success, and think even if you feel you fall off the wagon sometimes, you are working towards managing weight issues far more than by simply doing it yourselves, and once the restriction is right for you, that extra tool kicks in. xx

Nettie

Great advice Ruby as ever, even though I feel as though I am eating too much I am only eating a fraction of what I ate pre op so that is still an improvement, I don’t actually feel hungry if I’m honest but because I’m off work I’m eating because I have nothing to do, but it stops today, I paid lots of money for this band and I will not sabotage it, I may go to see my consellor for some help with my addiction to food, she is brilliant.

So excited for you Ruby, the molk diet will pass so quickly and lucky you only having to do it for a week, keep us posted.

Nettie xx

ruby tuesday

Thank you Nettie, sorry I typed the post in the wrong place, and having just read your menu and the fact that you are using ramkin dishes, I think that is a wonderfully disciplined way to be eating, and is bound to have the weight loss result you want!
    I so understand the temptation to eat what you want, and have been pre-op, even knowing I am paying for op today and really want it to work! The mind is so complex really, and whilst I have said before my own personal experience of counselling recently didn’t help me, I have not had food specific counselling, and if I had access to the counsellor you said is brilliant, I would definatly try her myself, I need someone to help me re-train my brain! xx

Nettie

I certainly need a brain re train or failing that a transplant!

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Nettie 18525 wrote:

I certainly need a brain re train or failing that a transplant!

I feel like that some days lol! Why does maths have to be so hard?!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media