Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Is it wrong to lose weight before the Assessment Day????

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » Pre-op Appointments- What to expect » Is it wrong to lose weight before the Assessment Day????

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kris

OMG..what a mess I´m in….I´ve been trying to lose as much as possible before going to the assessment day…and now I´m under the impression that this is not a good adea????????????????????????????…as I may be turned down if my weight has changed since referral….is this true??????????…please don´t say it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…I´ve gone from 32st 5lb five years ago to 28st 7lb and I think I´ve managed to lose about another stone by swimming and doing whatever I can!!!!!!!…HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SJ

Hi Kris,

DO not panic! You are showing a real commitment to wanting to make the most of your surgery, any surgeon will see that. It is not wrong to lose weight, and the fact that you are already trying to make a difference can only be a good thing. I cannot imagine a situation where losing weight would not be considered a good thing…

Obviously you need wls or you would not be referred, but it isn’t a magic wand and you do need to have commitment to make it work, and you are showing that. Good luck and try to stop worrying!

SJ

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media