Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Is it normal for feel COLD?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    ruby tuesday

Ok, feeling jealous now, I’m pre-op, always hot and sweaty, and have forgotton hip bones, and not to sound crude, but when sitting down don’t even see the top of my legs for flab, but I can remember when thin a few years back, was cold and wore layers for the first time in my life and bought a winter coat! I want that back!

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Ruby,
    You will soon, as soon as you get your date it will be all systems go. I have just had to go and take my teeshirt off and change into a sweatshirt, I still put it down to lack of blubber lol.
    Elaine xx

luckyflower

This has really made me smile. Karlos particularly saying he has found a rib cage……you certainly seem to have started something here. i am pre op but look forward to feeling cold!!

kathc

I’m always so hot now – sounds like it will be nice to wear a coat in winter and actually need it ! I always dreaded having to put it on if raining as I wasn’t really cold !! ( originally before I got really big I used to live in Australia !! )

Katherine . X

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Gill.T

OMG COLD COLD COLD!!!

Like most on this site (probably) I never even owned a coat and now I’m wearing thermals under my coat!!!!
    The other week I was at the sea side (on, to all others, a lovely sunny day) and I was in my fleece and thermal gloves!!!

But, I am grateful every day that I am now a shivering slim person and not the sweating fat person that I was 18 months ago.

Gill x

Moulin85

I’m a Bander and since my op on 5th June, I have been freezing! So not just a bypass thing!
    Anyway…. Where is the flippin’ summer?

Ms Ellie

Agree with you all here, apart from this awful weather we are having it is quite normal to be feeling cold. I don’t ever recall having to put the heating on in June but this year I’ve had to!!!!

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Tinks

Everyone who knows me knows that I complain about being ‘FREEEEZING’ every single day!! Today (13 June), I are mostly wearing: extra warm thermal socks (the type you wear mountaineering!) thermal vest, ordinary vest, polo neck jumper, gilet, jeans and have my feet in a heated slipper (plugged into the mains.) I also wear fingerless gloves. If I can’t get warm by this afternoon I will also put on a hat!!! I do all this because otherwise our heating bill would bankrupt us lol!! It’s perfectly normal to be cold all the time. It’s the thing I reiterate most at semianrs as I don’t think you can understand it when, as an overweright person being boiling hot all the time, it’s a totally new experience.

So, unfortunately it’s a part of being slimmer and healthier after surgery. The good news is that you can go to the hottest parts of the world on holiday without even breaking sweat – LITERALLY!

Love Doodah xx

Anonymous

@ruby tuesday 16419 wrote:

Ok, feeling jealous now, I’m pre-op, always hot and sweaty, and have forgotton hip bones, and not to sound crude, but when sitting down don’t even see the top of my legs for flab, but I can remember when thin a few years back, was cold and wore layers for the first time in my life and bought a winter coat! I want that back!

Oh the cold will plague you…….. better than hot a sweety, but imagine being sooo cold you have to go run a hot bath just to warm your bones up…It sthe only way sometimes…. even now sittingin my office I am wearing a fleece cos the airconditioning……
    I think all bypassers and bandsters should relocate to the caribean and work and play from their….. Imagine the excercise we would get…. swimming and all….lovely….

cold cold cold

Ganny
    Participant

I am with you on that Buzz, the NHS should fund it as well lol. It is my arms and shoulders that are always cold and I have had to put the heating back on again and this time of the year I never use to sleep under the duvet now it is up to my chin lol.
    xx

ruby tuesday

Wow, so I need to save for surgery and then for holiday to hotest place I can find to see if I cope better with the heat!!

Doodah
    Keymaster

Sun’s shining a bit here but it’s still only about 14o – I need at least 25 to even be able to function like a regular human being!! The warmest I have been was in Corfu year before last when it was at least 32o every day. Bliss. The only week I went without socks every day haha!! Oh well, at least I’m here and I wouldn’t be without wls xx

Ms Ellie

@Doodah 16469 wrote:

Hi Tinks

Everyone who knows me knows that I complain about being ‘FREEEEZING’ every single day!! Today (13 June), I are mostly wearing: extra warm thermal socks (the type you wear mountaineering!) thermal vest, ordinary vest, polo neck jumper, gilet, jeans and have my feet in a heated slipper (plugged into the mains.) I also wear fingerless gloves. If I can’t get warm by this afternoon I will also put on a hat!!! I do all this because otherwise our heating bill would bankrupt us lol!! It’s perfectly normal to be cold all the time. It’s the thing I reiterate most at semianrs as I don’t think you can understand it when, as an overweright person being boiling hot all the time, it’s a totally new experience.

So, unfortunately it’s a part of being slimmer and healthier after surgery. The good news is that you can go to the hottest parts of the world on holiday without even breaking sweat – LITERALLY!

Love Doodah xx

Do we have a glamour puss in da house????

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hahahaha!! Ellie, I am the least glamorous person in the world! I even take my own slippers everywhere with me!

Doodah x

@tinkly_roars 16399 wrote:

Hi All

Since waking up from Bypass surgery, i have been feeling the cold. My husband is absolutely convinced that there is something wrong with me but i’m not so sure as i have met others who have also said that they now feel the cold following their surgery.

What is everyone else’s experience? and do you know why we suddenly feel the cold when previously we have normally felt the heat?

I really feel my thermostat got cut away with the surgery!!! Have taken to climbing inside a sleeping bag whilst watching TV in the evenings (and have the photos to prove it!!! lol)

Tinks x

Welcome to BYPASS the freeze-its normal its the bodys response to ”enforced” starvation and not eating a lot and changes to metabolisim
    its normal but awful
    my ”love booties” soft thick bedsocks are on even in August now lol
    xx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media