Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Is it normal for feel COLD?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    tinkly_roars

Hi All

Since waking up from Bypass surgery, i have been feeling the cold. My husband is absolutely convinced that there is something wrong with me but i’m not so sure as i have met others who have also said that they now feel the cold following their surgery.

What is everyone else’s experience? and do you know why we suddenly feel the cold when previously we have normally felt the heat?

I really feel my thermostat got cut away with the surgery!!! Have taken to climbing inside a sleeping bag whilst watching TV in the evenings (and have the photos to prove it!!! lol)

Tinks x

Andy Toms

Hi Tinks, its funny you should mention that, ever since i came home on friday night i have felt the cold, much more than i did before i just assumed it was maybe hot in the hospital and i was just getting used to the change in temp

Peachie

I haven’t had my op yet am still waiting for the date, but have lost 31lb on pre-op diet and am constantly cole. I dint realise losing so little would make such a difference. I have always been too warm but am wearing a thick cardi as we speak- I didn’t wear one in the house all winter!

mandyl

yes totally normal
    mr slater said to me are you feeling the cold yet? i said oh no . 2weeks later i was froxen and feel the cold loads now x

tinkly_roars

@Peachie 16401 wrote:

I haven’t had my op yet am still waiting for the date, but have lost 31lb on pre-op diet and am constantly cole. I dint realise losing so little would make such a difference. I have always been too warm but am wearing a thick cardi as we speak- I didn’t wear one in the house all winter!

Hi Peachie

Wow That’s an amazing weightloss already – well done you for sticking so well to the pre-op diet.

I can match you on the thick cardi as i have mine on too – I’m sure its one i must have borrowed from my Gran at some point as its not exactly high fashion…. but i don’t care as its keeping me warm lol

Tinks xx

tinkly_roars

@Andy Toms 16400 wrote:

Hi Tinks, its funny you should mention that, ever since i came home on friday night i have felt the cold, much more than i did before i just assumed it was maybe hot in the hospital and i was just getting used to the change in temp

Hi Andy

Initially i put feeling cold down to my body redirecting my blood to my op site to help with healing and that was why my extremeties were feeling the cold. But 4 weeks post op – i’m no warmer!!! At this rate i’m not looking forward to winter!!! lol

Tinks x

mandyl

glad to help!

Pinkdancer

Flipping freezing all the time!!! so funny when i never even owned a coat before. It is just something to do with the op I think and also the insulation we are all losing. LOL.

I am looking forward to wearing nice jumpers that I never could before – strappy tops was my limit with a very light cardi in the winter.

Glad you are getting on ok Tinks. Hope to see you soon.

Peachie
    tinkly_roars wrote:
    Hi Peachie

Wow That’s an amazing weightloss already – well done you for sticking so well to the pre-op diet.

I can match you on the thick cardi as i have mine on too – I’m sure its one i must have borrowed from my Gran at some point as its not exactly high fashion…. but i don’t care as its keeping me warm lol

Tinks xx

Thanks Tinks, I have another 8 weeks to go on the diet (not had op date yet but the say it may be august). I’m really determined to stick to it and luckily it’s like a switch has been flicked in my mind, the only thing I’m struggling with is the lack of variety – I am so bored of carrots!

tinkly_roars

@mandyl 16402 wrote:

yes totally normal
    mr slater said to me are you feeling the cold yet? i said oh no . 2weeks later i was froxen and feel the cold loads now x

Hi Mandy

That interesting that Mr Slater was expecting you to say you were cold. I’m going to mention it to my consultant Mr Kelly when i see him on 4th July.

Tinks x

karlos26

hi all i had my bypass done on the 24th of january and it was -4 outside the hospital didnt feel too bad but since then i have feally started to feel the cold i have even bought a grandad cardigan much too the amusement of my wife and two girls mmm i also am a truck driver working with frozen foods and in the back of my trailer its -25 it didnt bother me before but my god now its a hat coat and scarf job another thing ive found is siting on hard seats now i get a numb bum and its uncomfortable but heh its all worth it ive now lost 6 stone 12.1lbs in 18 weeks take care:dance: p.s ive also found my ribcage dont know where thats been the last 20 odd years

Anonymous

Waterbottles and thermals at the ready in peak summer….

Cold…oh yes…… ice blocks for feet permenantly.

Hubby should come along to a support meet. Will calm him down a tad, but its ood that he worries…. bless

buzz xx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Tinks,
    Come to mention it I am always cold and I am now nearly 12 weeks post op, could be down to the weight lost or maybe the lack of food but I am down at Chichester this Thursday (16th) to see the dietitcian and will ask her. I normally only wear teeshirts and vest tops even in the winter months but at the moment I am wearing sweat shirts and jumpers strange. By the way brought some cous cous today and will try it tomorrow.
    Elaine xx

Ganny
    Participant

Hi Karlos,
    I am nearly 12 weeks post op and have lost nearly 5 stones (hope to hit the 5 stone mark this week) and I have found I have developed bones as well. I now have a chin and cheek bones plus a rib cage is beginning to form. I have a waist which I have not seen in years and the slimest ankles I have ever had. Love discovering new bits of me.
    Elaine xx
    PS well done on your weight lost, amazing.

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi tink

I’m the same, 12 weeks post op and you can regularly find me sitting on the settee in my pj’s and my snuggle sack over my legs, that’s the worst of it really my legs get really cold and stiff but I have found that at work I can’t sit for a long period of time, as I used to, before my bum gets very numb.

By the way, I have hip bones, found them this morning, I knew I’d put them somewhere 25 years ago…..

Take care

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media