Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Iron levels

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

As a couple of you already know, my revision surgery due on the 3rd Aug got cancelled at the pre op stage as my iron levels were so low. Anyway, I finally got my first blood test results after 4 weeks of supplements today and they have risen from 9.1 to 10.4. 🙂

I am so relieved. I have been anaemia for several years now and it has been so hard to improve iron levels due the malabsorption from my original bypass. I had horrible thoughts that I might never get this revision as too risky with low iron but today makes it seem that it will be possible – and possibly my levels might be ok in a couple of months. So so relieved!

Emma
    Xx

Anonymous

Thats really good news needs,
    Malabsorption can be the cause of many complications and levels of iron B12 and fostic levels dropping.
    Sadly your having to concider a revision because somethings not been right, but better to be healthy than poorely.

I do wish you well and would love to hear how things go, how you are, how your dealing with things and your experiences.
    I dont know of anyone who has had or about to have a revision, your sharing would help us understand their are complications if its not too personal….

All the best to you, wishing you well.

Buzz x

kathc

Emma so pleased for you your iron levels are creeping up !! Yeay fingers crossed

Katherine . X

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Nettie

Keep up with the iron rich foods, so glad they are rising.

Annette xx

ruby tuesday

Very good news, I am pleased you have managed this, as it is something somewhat out of your control due as you say to the malabsorbtion. xx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media