Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Ireland Cruise

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andy

Been away for a few days with my Mum & sister for my Mum’s 60th birthday. Cruised with Royal Carribean to Ireland (Cork), had a wonderful time, ate loads, well certainly felt like it, but actually not as much as everybody else, and also discovered alcohol again, had not had any since op last November (2009), but Mango Dakari, and Champagne cocktails slipped down a treat lol. 😉

Got on scales today and put on 2 lbs not disappointed because had a lovely time, and enjoyed what i ate & drunk. Back on the straight & narrow now. Will put some photo’s on when i get chance.

Hope everyone is well.

Andrea X

Phoenix

Oh Andrea – was that the Independence of the Seas trip??? I was planning on going on that one before I made the final decision to have my op!!! Glad you had a great time – I love cruising 🙂

Claire

Hi Andy

Glad you had such a fab time hun. Know you needed it 🙂

And you’re right not to sweat over the 2lbs… “normal” people put on a few pounds when they go on holiday and just get it off when they come back… Mango Daquiri’s sound lovely – I keep drinking apple or raspberry mojitos out here in Krakow at the moment… thankfully this is going to be my last trip for a few months… need to get back on the straight and narrow myself!

Hope you’re feeling good and rested now 😀

xxx

Andy

@Phoenix 8308 wrote:

Oh Andrea – was that the Independence of the Seas trip??? I was planning on going on that one before I made the final decision to have my op!!! Glad you had a great time – I love cruising 🙂

Hi Phoenix yes was independance of the seas, what a lovely ship, had a port side stateroom glorious weather, couldn’t really ask for more. I love cruising as well.

Andy

Hi Claire,

Yes feel good & rested although most alcohol i’ve drunk for 12 months, back to work Monday, but some lovely memories, as you say 2lbs nothing really in the old days would have been 1st !

Andrea X

Have to add as a “normal” weighted person now, I have just come back from a cruise along the Nile, (a real must do!) found the food ok, & admittedly didnt drink anything other than water as it was just too hot…went for a week a gained 2lbs (now lost it), found I had so much more energy for touring than I have ever had, even wore a bikini, found packing was easy too as my stuff didnt take up half as much space as in previous years.
    Also noticed that as i am usually soooo cold…I found i managed the heat better than most, in fact didnt have a problem with it, just wish I could get warm now 🙂

petal

My husband and I are going on this ship next October! My husband is going to be doing the lectures! Really looking forward to going as a slim person instead of always feeling self conscious, feeling to hot, not have the right clothes to wear and wearing black in the sunshine! Had op last Thursday, so have plenty of time to get myself in a better shape! Hoping I will enjoy this holiday , as I usually have such traumas as a big person! xx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media