Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

In tomorrow with shaw @ clementine

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    londonmag

Sitting at home, wondering when on list and hoping early 🙂

rubybling

Hi Londonmag,

Good luck for tomorrow. I had my op at Clementine Churchill with Shaw in August. I arrived at 7am and was then shown my room. I just watched some TV until Elaine came to see me. They just do some quick checks like temp, blood pressure and sugar. I was 2nd on the list but to be honest the time flew as Elaine does her thing and you get changed into the hospital gown, then Shaw comes in to see you to get consent form done and then the anaesthetist comes and has a quick chat with you. After this the physiotherapist popped in to say hello and by 10.30, I was ready to go down to theatre. Someone comes to take you down (you walk down) and then once downstairs, you are asked to lie down just outside the theatre where they administer the anaesthetic. That’s all you will be aware of until they wake you up and it’s all done and dusted.

I hope that helps to put your mind at ease, but trust me, tomorrow will be the best sleep you will have in a long time. After that, during the first night, the nurses are constantly checking up on you so you don’t get much sleep the first night.

All the best, will make space on the loser’s bench.
    Look forward to hearing all about your journey.

hypnothink

Good luck, the time will go quickly with all the bits and bobs that need to get done. I went in for 12 and had op at 1.30 they seem to stagger the arrival to keep waiting to a minimum. What are you having done?

Floyd

How did it go londonmag? And how are you rubybling?
    Am now 14 weeks post op from Shaw at Clemetine.

Floydee

Lauren
    Keymaster

How are YOU Floydee?

Doodah x

londonmag

Went great floyd!

Weight coming off, but problems at the back end so to speak.

Taking linseeds to help bulk things but still not right – at least if blood is a bad sign 🙁

Am on it with Nicole though and hopefully just a matter of time and body re-organising itself…..

78rpm

It’s a good journey to be on I know I had complications and I was off work for almost 3 months but as many people on here will agree I wouldnt swop it for the world 🙂

rgds

Jay

Lauren
    Keymaster

A long, hard journey eh Jay? But like you say, Oh so worth it x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media