Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

in 1st week post op

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Trudy1

I had the bypass at st Richards on 15th Sept home by the 16th and feeling well. Just wish i could get rid of this feeling of a lump in my throat. Think it might be a bit of swelling from having the tubes down my throat. Has anyone else expereinced this and does it settle quickly? Would appreciate any help out there

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Trudy1

Congrats on having your op, and welcome to the losers bench, we have room for you. As for the feeling of a lump in the throat, I experienced that, yes it does go away, I found sucking an ice cube helped and lots of cold drinks, that way you keep your fluids up and ease the throat. Hang in there it will get better honest.

If you have anything else you want to know just yell.

Take care
    Love
    Lesley
    xx

Trudy1

thanks for the encouragement. I am feeling a bit better today and trying to keep the fluids up. I cant believe how well i feel only 4 days from surgery. Loving being on the losers bench

ruby tuesday

Hi Trudy,

I didn’t experience this myself but do know how annoying the lump in the throat thing feels, and agree with Lesley, try to keep it lubricated, maybe a sugar free throat lozenge if anyone makes them? Sure it will pass, and no doubt it was from the tubes, so glad to hear you feel well otherwise. xx

Anonymous

Congratulations Trudy.

Your body is really resilient isnt it lol..
    For sure with all the medications in your system your be feeling pretty chipper, you might find it crashes around week 3-4 when the little food intake initially and athe body rebels a little… Its pretty natural.

Soreness for the operation does heal, the girls have given you some excellent advice, Sharinig the journeys we all becomme a little more knowledgable, a litte wiser and soomewhat more content.

Being a local Lass you might want to check out any of the local support groups ( they are amazing ) these will get you meeting people who attend them and their is plenty of time to sit around chatting with people going through been through or considering surgery…

Wishing you well on your journey, a trouble and painfree recovery.

All the Best

Buzz xx ( Andy in Bognor )

Trudy1

Hi Buzz
    I really appreciate the support on here and i would love to know more about local support groups I am also in Bognor and have so far only heard about group in Shoreham. Any closer i would love to join
    Thanks
    Trudy

pgoldsmith

Hi,

I would be also interested in a group nearby as I am in Worthing due for my op on the 6th Oct

Thanks

Paul

ruby tuesday

Hi,

Buzz runs a group at the Langstone Hotel on Hayling Island that the Chichester people go to, as do some from my side of Portsmouth, a really great group, lots of friendly people at different stages who can answer all your questions. They meet regularly on a Monday night, and if you check the little ‘shout’ box as you log on, it will be posted there to remind everyone when a meeting is on; there was one last night. Hope that helps. xx

Trudy1

Hi ruby,
    thanks for this i will keep an eye out for the next one.

ruby tuesday

You will be made very welcome, pop a note in the shout box to say you are coming and what you are wearing or something, so someone can look out for you Trudy, and I promise, you will enjoy meeting the peeps! xx

Pinkdancer

Hi Trudy,
    I think there will be some of us meeting up on Monday at the Langstone, I will post it up in the shoutbox and put up a thread as well.
    There is a meeting next wednesday 28th Sept at the Holiday Inn, Fareham from 7pm onwards all very informal and chatty, lots of experience to draw on mainly bypassers to be honest, but everyone is welcome to come along and chat, ask questions whatever you want. We meet in the lobby area normally just inside the door, just ask for the streamliners / bari buds. You would be very welcome and so would any plus ones that you might want to bring as there is normally a few partners/ family members around as they are living this journey too.

There is definitely a meeting at the Langstone Hotel, Hayling island on Monday 3rd October from 7pm onwards it is the Hampshire/ Sussex support group that is run by Buzz. Usually meet in the back room to the left of the main bar area again everyone welcome.

Hope to meet you soon.

Anonymous

@pgoldsmith 19329 wrote:

Hi,

I would be also interested in a group nearby as I am in Worthing due for my op on the 6th Oct

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul, Where ave you been hiding??? lol…

If Hayling is not too far away were be meeting on the 3rd… keep an eye on shout box.
    Otherwise their is a regular meeting in the Goring Hall if I remember rightly, might be work checking through the support group posts….

I would strongly advise a meet if you can get to one, it will calm your nerves for sure ( if you have any )

Otherwise, shout out, we have lots in worthing that would welcome a cooffee meet in person…..

All the best buddy, look forward to you posting and sharing your journey soon.

Buzz ( Andy in Bognor )

Anonymous

@Trudy1 19327 wrote:

Hi Buzz
    I really appreciate the support on here and i would love to know more about local support groups I am also in Bognor and have so far only heard about group in Shoreham. Any closer i would love to join
    Thanks
    Trudy

Why not join us on Monday the 3rd at Hayling. If your wanting a lift you only have to holla…. I do pick ups and drop offs to the regular meets.

Check support groups thread for details…

Hampshire /Sussex Support group at the Langstone Hotel Hayling Island.

We have mustered up over 20 regulars, then most of the real addicts are now making it a weekly thing…. they just cant get enough giggles….

Buzz xx

Trudy1

Hi Buzz
    i should be able to make the 3rd at Hayling. I appreciate your offer of a lift but i am fine to drive by then and as not allowed for another week will enjoy being back behind the wheel again. Be great to meet everyone
    Trudy

ruby tuesday

Glad to hear you are planning going to Hayling meet Trudy, and look forward to meeting you, also, well done on the 2 stone lost already! xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media