Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

I’m sooo hungry!!!! Day 1

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    kathc

All the best . X x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Doodah
    Keymaster

GOOD LUCK ROSE xxx

hides

Good luck rose, i’m sure everything will go well, another bottom for the bench.
    Best wishes
    Heidi

Torrealta

Hi I’m new to the forum. I’m on the 2nd day of my 14 day Pre-op liquid diet. This is horrible!! I’m so hungry 🙁 I know it will be worth it but 14 days of only 3 protein shakes a day is rough!!!

Copey

It is tough but funnily enough it will get easier as the time passes. I am 9 days post bypass and although early on I am sure it is worth it! Stick at it!

Torrealta

Thanks 🙂 I never really knew how much our lives are centered around food until I couldn’t have any. How was the surgery? I’m scared about it and about the pain after.

Copey

Don’t remember much about the surgery ::)) pain afterwards was more discomfort than severe pain – you’ll be grand! x

Gayle

I didn’t have any pain after surgery either. Just uncomfortable wind! From where they fill you stomach during the op. good luck. It’s all so so worth it I promise. I’m nearly 7 months out now and very near my target weight. Best thing I did. Take care x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@Torrealta 21369 wrote:

Thanks 🙂 I never really knew how much our lives are centered around food until I couldn’t have any. How was the surgery? I’m scared about it and about the pain after.

Hi Torrealta.

You have no need to worry about pain after surgery. I had an open bypass (as I had my gallbladder removed at the same time) with a 10cm scar and I was never once more than uncomfortable. As for getting used to a life without food, it’s strange at first but after a while it becomes our ‘normal’. The weirdest thing is not being hungry! You have to remind yourself to eat because you have to. It’s so liberating when you are not contantly thinking about food. Also, your newfound health and vitality (sounds like a dog!) means you will be too busy enjoying life to even think about it.

Doodah x

Torrealta

Thanks so much Doodah,
    It is so nice to talk to people going through the same thing. Even though I am thousands of miles away from all of you (American in the US) we are all connected. 🙂
    It’s so hard to sit at the table with my protein shake after making dinner for my husband and 2 little girls and then I can’t eat it with them. I know this will all be worth it but this 2 week liquid diet is tough. I’m hoping it will start to get much more manageable. Any and all advice is welcomed. I love hearing about everyone’s stories 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media