Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Im new

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

You are one of us <3

Doodah x

audrasharon
    830830 wrote:
    Hi Everyone! Just started my milk diet this morning, will hopefully having my gastric bypass next Saturday on the 8th February at Chichester with Chris Pring. Is there anyone else on the forum who is close to their opp date? If so , I would like to hear from you! My support friends cooked my last supper for me last night to wish me well. All healthy stuff. They are my friends and my going out eating pals! They have been learning about this journey I am about to begin and have watched me struggle with my weight since I have known them, 30 years +. They are wonderful and even come to the meetings with me when they can! I feel ready to start this new way of life now and I have been thinking about it for about 10 months now and finally plucked up courage and rang streamline in September last year! Since then I have been preparing and researching best I can for this life changing decision that I have made. My BMI is 40, height 5’3 and I have stage 1 blood pressure, but appart from that I am as healthy as I can be at this weight, 17 stone, and have had enough of struggling with my weight . I am 52 years old and realise that I need to look after myself better, it does make a difference to how you feel when you do! I feel that my weight is a burden to me, holding me back and is one of the first things I think about when I wake up in the mornings- I wish I wasn’t fat! I have failed many diets over my 35 year diet portfolio and was a large sized child. I am excited and quite scared at the same time now cos the opp is so close, and that there are no absolute guarantees that this will work for me long term but I am giving it my best shot. I put my trust in my surgeon and the streamline clinic and the advice I have been given also the lovely support I have received on this forum and especially the support meetings at Portsmouth Gunwharf Quays with Doodah! Highly recommended for everyone. Please say Hi. Julie x

Good luck Julie we will be thinking of you. X

Thank you Audrasharon!
    I hope it’s all going well for you!
    It would be great to see you at the next meeting!
    Julie xx

audrasharon
    830830 wrote:
    Thank you Audrasharon! I hope it’s all going well for you! It would be great to see you at the next meeting! Julie xx

Yeah will be even better seeing you “on the other side” so to speak! I’m doing ok. On mash stage and so far so good. Be careful not to get constipated on the milk diet. You should still be going. If you get a problem magnesium hydroxide is ok to take on the milk diet. Are you doing 4 pints and a Bovril? That’s what I did for 15 days and I did need to use the mag hydroxide. Stay positive, move forward and see you when it’s all do! 🙂 x

Kimberly
    Participant

I’m sooooo excited for you Julie xxxxx do hope you can make feb meeting but understand if your too sleepy , remember pillow for car journey after surgery xx are you packed xxx

Hi Audrasharon!
    Yes it will be fabulous to see you at the meeting on the other side. So glad you are doing ok and I bet it was good to change your texture of food going onto the mash stage. Nice and slowly does it!
    I got some magnesium hydroxide in.
    I’m doing 4 pints soya milk flavoured with these Da Vinci bottles and it was not too bad.
    I’m doing marmite as I’m vege.
    Thank you for the encouragement, I am very positive at the moment!
    Have a lovely evening and look after yourself,
    Julie xx

Hi Kimberly! How are you doing?
    Is the exercise getting slightly easier?
    I’m thrilled for you when I read your thread on how much your mobility has improved in a relatively short time, I’m so very pleased for you…you have a new life!!
    I have every intension of coming to the February meeting, to tell you in person how my experience was, and the pillow tip will be noted – thanks!
    I’m not packed yet, next week should be fine..
    I’ve started my journey now at long last!
    Have a lovely evening,
    I’ll be on the forum tonight as usual on and off!
    Look after yourself and thanks for the support.
    Juliexx

emma1975

Hi all & welcome to Julie

Lauren
    Keymaster

@830830 30738 wrote:

I’m thrilled for you when I read your thread on how much your mobility has improved in a relatively short time, I’m so very pleased for you…you have a new life!!
    I have every intension of coming to the February meeting, to tell you in person how my experience was, and the pillow tip will be noted – thanks!
    Have a lovely evening,
    Juliexx

Not going to lie to you Julie – the weekends are the hardest on the pre op diet but the best thing to do is keep BUSY! Why not go shopping for a few bits for when you have lost your FIRST (of many) stone? It will really inspire you. And sort out what you are going to do with all the clothes that will be hanging off you within months lol! My local charity shops used to grin like Cheshire cats when I walked in each month!

Anyway, whatever you do this weekend, have a super one.

Doodah x

Hi Doodah!
    Thanks for the warning!
    I will have be doubly careful this wkend then!
    I will keep busy and as active as I can!
    It’s all very new to me and I don’t want to spoil my milk diet.
    Have a lovely weekend too!
    Julie xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

Will be thinking of you. Contact me if you feel the need ok xx

Hi Emma!
    Thank you for your welcome!
    How is the weight loss going for you at the moment?
    Julie x

clairec

@830830 30738 wrote:

Have a lovely evening,
    Juliexx

Hi Julie,
    Well I am very close to you in terms of surgery dates. I was on the 10th, but this has now been changed to the 11th. So you will be first on the Saturday and I will 3 days later on the Tuesday. I think I am very lucky because I am not on the milk diet, but the other one. However that one is for 3 weeks. I am not hungry at all, it is just a bit lacking in choice and I miss having more fruit. It is also difficult to transport so I am missing my usual social life. I have been out at times but it isn’t that easy. I have two long teaching days on Weds and the day of your op with no gaps and very early starts so that won’t be easy so I am planning ahead.

I love reading the posts on here but haven’t been to a group yet. My op is in Harrow so I am due to be discharged on the Thursday when the group takes place there. I will see how it goes but I have not ruled out going to the group that evening. I might be a bit over optimistic about that but I really want to meet everyone. We live near Basingstoke so it will journey home afterwards and I will only be 2 days post op. I hope to be there though. I also will be going to the Portsmouth group the following week. I am sure I will definitely make that but I am looking forward to seeing you all there. Treeza is meeting me outside in case I get lost, I have never been to Portsmouth!

Good luck over the next 2 days Julie and hopefully our journeys will be similar. Do let us all know how you are doing. I will be thinking of you next Saturday.
    Take care
    Claire

treeza

Kim & Claire I can’t believe how close you are to joining us on the losers bench :0) so exciting. Continue using this forum as I know it’s helped me so much over the past 6 to 8 months. Take care x hope to see you both on 20th Feb in Portsmouth x

Hi Claire!
    Thank you for your lovely reply.
    You are right, planning ahead is key when you are on the pre opp diet and away from home. It is so important to feed yourself correctly within the pre opp guidelines which we have been given. You are ahead of me, with already starting the pre opp diet a week or so ago.
    I hope you are finding it ok!
    Please try and come to the Portsmouth meeting, we would love to meet you and Treeza is a lovely lady who will welcome you
    and happily meet you outside so that you can find us ok.
    Don’t be too hard on yourself if you just simply are not up to going to the meeting two days post opp, I did manage to attend a few meetings already and I have found them very interesting and useful. I did manage the one in Harrow once at the end of last year, but it was too far really, luckily the Portsmouth meeting is very good, and a little closer so I feel that I am based there.
    I would like to wish you the very best of luck with your surgery on the 11th, I’ll be thinking of you too.
    Please let me know how it was and I also Hope to attend the Feb/ Portsmouth meeting!
    Kind regards
    Julie

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media