Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

I’m new

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bakes28

Hi

I’m so pleased that I’ve found this forum. I struggled with my weight since I was 13. Up and down, now I can lose weight. I get to 14 stone and it stops. Then I gain again. I’ve been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and also have endometriosis.

I’ve made a decision that I want a gastric band. I kow I’ll have to pay. I’ve done heaps of research.

I’m currently just over 15 stone and am 5ft 5. I have a meeting with the consultant at the end of Feb. mr Toh

Does anyone know how long it can take from initial consultant appointment to having the op?

Also…..this milk diet? I hate milk, how would that work?

Thanks

Lauren
    Keymaster

The Pre-op Liver Shrinkage or Milk Diet

Hi there and welcome. You have come to the right place for support and friendship!

I have posted the link above so that you can see what the pre op diet is all about It doesn’t have to be the milk diet. There are others that work just as well.

Whereabouts are you having your surgery done? Mr Toh is an excellent surgeon so well done on your choice. Different waiting times for different hospitals so the best people to ask are the team you are hoping to have surgery with.

I do have to say, that at 5ft 5″ and 15st you are at the very bottom end of acceptable BMI for weight loss surgery. I’m sure that will be discussed with you at your consultation with Mr Toh: yours comes out at 34.9 and the minimum is 35.

Please don’t let this put you off seeing him though.

Let us all know how you get on. We are here to help in any way we can through the good times and bad.

Doodah x

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Lauren.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by clare.williams.
    bakes28

I keep going up to almost 17 stone, never actually hit the 17 mark but I know give it a few months I’ll be back nearly there again.
    I’m being seen at Clare Park, Farnham.
    I’ve seen a few people on here who started at a similar weight (15 stone or lighter). I’m really hoping he will agree to this as my weight just fluctuates and has done for a very long time and I can never get lower than 14 stone then I’m straight back up there again. I’ve never been so depressed about my weight before.
    It doesn’t help that my husband who I’ve always known as big has lost over 10 stone in a year (he was a 44″ trousers and is now a 29″ trousers) by himself and going to the gym. I go to the gym as regularly as him, have 2 or 3 PT’s a week, do body pump, circuits and CX Worx but just can’t shift it like he can. He has said he will support me 100% in doing this even though he has said “if I can do it you can” I have tried and tried and tried and I can’t.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bakes28 27449 wrote:

I keep going up to almost 17 stone, never actually hit the 17 mark but I know give it a few months I’ll be back nearly there again.
    I’m being seen at Clare Park, Farnham.
    I’ve seen a few people on here who started at a similar weight (15 stone or lighter). I’m really hoping he will agree to this as my weight just fluctuates and has done for a very long time and I can never get lower than 14 stone then I’m straight back up there again. I’ve never been so depressed about my weight before.
    It doesn’t help that my husband who I’ve always known as big has lost over 10 stone in a year (he was a 44″ trousers and is now a 29″ trousers) by himself and going to the gym. I go to the gym as regularly as him, have 2 or 3 PT’s a week, do body pump, circuits and CX Worx but just can’t shift it like he can. He has said he will support me 100% in doing this even though he has said “if I can do it you can” I have tried and tried and tried and I can’t.

I’m sorry to hear that you feel so desperate about this. I do think it rather unfair that your husband is saying that if he can do it then so should you be able to. Unfortunately, life isn’t like that. I also remains to be seen whether or not he keeps it off. If we could all do it with diet and exercise alone, EVERYONE would be a healthy weight.

I truly hope you are able to get the help you need to reach a weight you are happy with and that ensures your future physical and mental health is good. Losing weight is invariably easier than maintaining – no matter which method you chose to lose it. It’s not easy. I am in my fifth year post weight loss surgery and have managed to maintain my loss with constant vigilance and a crippling fear of ever going back to how I was before.

Please keep in touch. I think it will help you to share your experiences with us and to read about everyone else’s too.

Doodah x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media