Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Ideal weight.

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Thais

Hi all;

I finally got a date for my op, I thought I could not bear the waiting but I did…
    I’m having it done on the 9th of February at St Richard’s and starting the milk diet on the 25th of January (hope I’ll do Ok)
    I have been thinking about my ultimate goal, about clothing size and ideal weight; and I’m wondering how do you know after being overweight for so long what is your ideal weight and what goal should you put yourself, does anyone have a formula or a theory about this???

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Thais.

There are many recommended ideal weights as they all depend on height, sex, age etc. My absolute ideal weight in my own opinion would be 10 but I’m just under 11. A good proportion of that extra weight is excess skin however, after losing 15st I’m more than happy at my current weight. I wear size 12-14 clothes depending on the fit and from which shop they are bought. I’m only 5′ 3″ so could get away with being as light as 9st but I’m absolutely delighted with the weight I am now.

At 26+ stone, I could hardly stand up, used walking sticks or a motability scooter and could not even take care of myself on a day to day basis. I was in constant pain and my health was appalling. So, you can imagine how much better I feel now!

Ideal weights should be chosen with great care for fear of putting too much pressure on yourself. Try to make yours attainable and realistic: you will stand more chance of reaching it. Hope that helps!

Doodah x

kathc

Hi Thais , I am 6 months post op and still have not set a goal , in my mind I am waiting for the weight loss to plateau then I’ll start making realistic targets 4 myself. We are all different body shapes so I guess on formula may not work !!

Good luck with milk diet .

Katherine . X

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Ganny
    Participant

Hi,
    I had my bypass last March at St Richards and had a starting weight of nearly 25stones and I am now 9 stones lighter and I never set myself a target that I could not achieve ie 7lbs at a time as I neared loosing the 100lb mark that became my target and getting my BMI out of the morbidley obese down to just obese and I have achieved both, my next target is to lose 12.5 stones which is half my body weight once I reach that then I will be a happy bunny. As my weight lost has now slowed down and I am having to work at it I know it will take time but I will get there and now it is not such a daunting task as before I had over 12 stones to lose now I only have to lose just over 3 stones. My dress size has dropped from 32/34 to anything from a size 16 to 18 depending on the cut and where I get them from, I would love to get down to a 12/14 and I am determine to do it. I have quite a lot of loose skin but my friends say it is not to bad but then I do exercise and I did get told yesterday that my tummy “apron” is lifting but then I thought it was myself but it is nice to be told, so I will keep doing the sit ups lol.
    Good luck with the milk diet and your op and there will plenty of room on the losers bench for you.
    Elaine x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Brilliant reply Ganny. Well done you xx

Doodah x

Well done Granny!

Thais

Thank you all for you words of encouraging, I’m on my third day of the milk diet and I have to say that isn’t being any easier than I thought, but I’m very proud of myself as I haven’t cheat (which wasn’t sure I could), yesterday I even peeled a banana without thinking and when i realized, before putting it on my mouth, I was strong enough to leave it and not eat it.

Well done lovely..your doing great. Feel free to text me if you need anything. T x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Well done Thais for putting back the banana! That’s the kind of discipline that will help you to loose all the weight you want ;-))

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media