Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Ibuprofen

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Summer

Please can anyone tell me if it ok to take ibuprofen after gastric bypass? I’ve not had my bypass yet but my friend has and she takes lots of this and I’m worried about her damaging he new little pouch.
    Thank you
    Summer x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

mandyl

hi summer
    i cant take it as it gives me indigestion type pain, i think your sposed to avoid it but hopefully someone will know for def x

Emily.p

I would like to know aswell I am full of cold at the moment and don’t know what I can take and if we can’t take certain things what is the alternative??

Emily xx

Streamliner

I do believe that all bypass patients should avoid taking certain anti inflammatory drugs, including NSAIDS, but please do check with your bariatric team.

ruby tuesday

No you are not supposed to take it as it can irritate the stomach in a normal person, and you do not want the risk of upsetting your pouch. Paracetamol is fine.

Fenella

You should only take NSAIDs (including ibuprofen) if prescribed by your doctor. It actually causes more problems than some newer NSAIDS I have to take them for Rheumatoid Arthritis but am on celebrex which is less irritant and we are all prescribed stomach liners to protect us.

Paul-H
    Participant

@Summer 17170 wrote:

Please can anyone tell me if it ok to take ibuprofen after gastric bypass? I’ve not had my bypass yet but my friend has and she takes lots of this and I’m worried about her damaging he new little pouch.
    Thank you
    Summer x

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Hi, Ibuprofen is Asprin based and as such is not the kindest thing on a normal stomach, with too much resulting in bleeding and ulsers. I would be vary careful before using it, if you use it at all.

Paul

hides

I can only echo what Paul has said. My husband took this for years, and has stomach problems now, not nice at all…. Be careful
    Heidi.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media