Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

I started my Milk Diet today!!!!!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Lelly

@Doodah 33977 wrote:

Eeeeek! SO exciting.

I actually think this is THE start of your happier and healthier life. I know it was for me. It felt like finally, I was going to be fighting a war I could win.

Keep up the good work Lelly and drop in when things get tough (they will, even if it is only for a few hours!) or overwhelming.

So happy for you 🙂

Doodah x

Thank you my lovely, feeling good but to be honest not good being at work, can’t keep my mind on anything apart from my op

Lelly x

Kimberly
    Participant

Have you got your bag ready ? X

bikerchris
    Participant

Loved the milk diet and the jelly. Salty drink though, yuk yuk yuk. Seen people in here enthusing about lamb oxo cubes. Good lord, cannot imagine worse 🙁

Lelly

@Kimberly 33996 wrote:

Have you got your bag ready ? X

Oh yes, the nurse laughed at me on my pre-op two weeks ago when I said I was almost packed then, just need to add knickers and coming home dress etc
    Lelly x

Lelly

@bikerchris 34001 wrote:

Loved the milk diet and the jelly. Salty drink though, yuk yuk yuk. Seen people in here enthusing about lamb oxo cubes. Good lord, cannot imagine worse 🙁

I tried lamb oxo’x but not impressed prefer Bovril personally but now hate jelly!

Lelly x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Clive Holton 33979 wrote:

Hi Lelly & well done with your 6lbs! Guy Slater did my op, & I could not have wished for a nicer & more caring surgeon. Keep up the good work & you will see the weight gradually drop off! Kindest Regards, Clive x.

Guy really is a wonderful person. I love his calm voice. Fabulous for very nervous patients 😉

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 33987 wrote:

I never thought I would love milk on the Lrd but I really like it now how funny is that

I still love milk. I feel so sorry for those people who become a bit lactose intolerant after wls.

I used to love downing a nice glass of cold milk. Couldn’t do it now but do have the odd swig straight from the fridge!

Lelly

@Clive Holton 33979 wrote:

Hi Lelly & well done with your 6lbs! Guy Slater did my op, & I could not have wished for a nicer & more caring surgeon. Keep up the good work & you will see the weight gradually drop off! Kindest Regards, Clive x.

Hello Clive, I have heard lots of praise for Guy Slater as he performed my friends bypass two years ago, I have been told that my Surgeon is Chris Pring and I have to say it was one of those two that I wanted, just because I had seen them on the TV and had heard good reports on them.

Lelly x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 34014 wrote:

Hello Clive, I have heard lots of praise for Guy Slater as he performed my friends bypass two years ago, I have been told that my Surgeon is Chris Pring and I have to say it was one of those two that I wanted, just because I had seen them on the TV and had heard good reports on them.

Lelly x

Chris Pring is a very lucky choice too. In fact, it wouldn’t have mattered which surgeon you got as they are all of equal skill. Plus the fact that they TRULY do care about their patients. My surgeon was Shaw Somers almost seven years ago (this month.)

He saved my life. He actually saved it. I will never be able to thank him enough. I know every one of you will feel the same about your surgeon, whoever they may be 😉

Doodah x

treeza

Chris Pring is my surgeon & he is fab. He has completely changed my life for the better. I will always be grateful for not only saving my life but giving me my life back x you’re in good hands xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

We have all had the very best care possible.

My team were at St Richard’s in Chichester. Everyone was so kind – especially the Dietitian (I phoned her at least once a week, panicking!)

Wls is the best gift ever.

Doodah x

kellyb

Hi lelly how did it go ?
    How are you feeling ?

Kelly xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

What Kelly said!

Hope everything went well and that you are making a good recovery 🙂

Doodah x

Stever7908

Hi Lelly
    How has it gone? I’ve just had my surgery date through for the bypass, the 2nd December. So as you can imagine nervous and excited all at the same time.
    Trying to gather as many hints and tips as I can. @Lelly 33960 wrote:

I cannot believe that I have started my proper Milk Diet today, have started three days early as I am sure that I have gained a few pounds since my pre-op appointment, everything going well apart from peeing for England. This is it, I have started and not long till 14th July, we will be travelling down to Chichester on Monday 13th, this is just so exciting!!!!!!!!!!

A very happy Lelly x

Lelly

@Stever7908 34609 wrote:

Hi Lelly
    How has it gone? I’ve just had my surgery date through for the bypass, the 2nd December. So as you can imagine nervous and excited all at the same time.
    Trying to gather as many hints and tips as I can.

Exciting times ahead Steve, I am very well and sailed through without hardly any problems, I did help myself by losing 6 stone in the year prior to surgery, I was 31 stone 10 pounds, I know, I know a right porker, I was 25 stone 11 pounds on the day of my op and now I am 22 stone 6 pounds. I am not losing loads but it is a consistent 1 stone a month. Some words of advice, where I have tripped up is, eat slowly and chew! Drink loads but sip don’t gulp, that will hurt, I know that I harp on about it but hot squash is lovely and goes down so well, cold drinks are a nightmare just after surgery. I drink hot nas squash more than anything now, I used to drink black coffee but cannot face it now. Drink hot milk or hot milky coffee, especially good when food won’t go down and I try and have one hot milk drink per day, love it. When you go onto real food rather than mush, you may find that eating meat and fish becomes a problem. I can now eat fish again, yay but still struggle with meat, hard a bad day yesterday after attempting to eat a small slice of very tender cold lamb, affected me all day urgh! You will be fine and believe me when I say I do not regret having this op for a second, my life does not revolve around food all the time anymore. make sure that you have some little pots of pureed meals squirreled away in the freezer for when you get home, I had pureed cottage pie, fish in butter sauce with mash and carrots, roast dinner is a good one as well although I didn’t do that :O( I don’t cook roasts in the summer, much to my family’s annoyance. Any questions feel free to ask Steve

Lelly x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media