Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

I said "No" to someone!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Doodah
    Keymaster

This might not seem much of an achievement to some of you but to me, it is humungous!

I was asked to attend a talk about astrology on my days off just before I went on holiday. My Mum had organised it as a nice event for the other members of her COPD group (lung condition.) I was quite interested in it but knew I would get roped into doing all the refreshments and clearing up as per usual. As I was on annual leave, I couldn’t be bothered is the truth of it. So I said NO.

I could hear both the astonishment and disappointment in my Mum’s voice that I had said no to her. I’m 52 next week and I still find it hard to say no to my parents!! But I did. She got over it. She didn’t argue and she doesn’t love me any less. I cannot tell you how great it feels.

Just wanted to share this with you all as, sometimes, it’s the tiny steps that take us the furthest forward and it’s not only about what we weigh but how we feel. We lose to gain.

Doodah xx

Doodah xx

Pietre

Well done. It is sometimes the hardest word to use, but you must put yourself first. Unless of course I am the one asking for something 😉

Anonymous

Just occasionally your allowed to say NO….

Lend us a fiver …… lol 🙂

You give soo much no-one would ever think anyless of you for thinking of YOU just occasionally…..

Now about that fiver LMSAO….

Love you x

Buzz xxx

johncg

Well done doodah

A girl saying NO, where have I heard that before….. Lol

John xx

Irene

Oh Doodah what a wonderful achievement. It can be so difficult to say NO two little letters but it can be a mouthful. Apat on the back for you. Well done. xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Well done Doodah, we’re the same age and saying no to anything, especially parents is difficult at the best of times so very well done, stay positive and look after yourself, you deserve it.

Take care

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Thanks guys. The bit I find hardest is realising that if I say no, they won’t love me any less.

I have terrible abandonment issues (long, long story!) which obviously cloud my judgement. Three years of therapy helped me to say no to everyone else but it has been a longer learning curve with my parents. I wish I could be more like my little sister: she doesn’t do anything she doesn’t want to!!

SJ

Saying no is one of the hardest things to do, so well done! I know for me it always brings up feelings of guilt etc.

Interestingly, I was asked to give a talk on Astrology in September, usually I would do such things, but I have been trying to honour myself more due to being so unwell, so I said NO! Still keep wondering if I have done the right thing, but it feels right…I wish guilt was an easier emotion!

Well done Doodah!

SJ
    x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Thanks so much SJ. It really means a lot to know other people understand xx

Renn

Hello Doodah

Well done. It’s been difficult for you but you’ve done it now. You are so spot on with emotions and your own experiences are such a help to us all on here. We know you share from the heart and that’s what we all need at times. Thanks for being YOU. I’m proud to call you and many others on here my buddy.

From Madeleine (Renn)

78rpm

have to agree with the comments here!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media