Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

i now have a band

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » The Gastric Band operation » i now have a band

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bakes28

Keep drifting in and it as got back to my room.about 2pm and on morphine. In a lot of pain on my left hand side. Just had help to get up.so i could have. A were and was very dizzy and pain bad. Got my own pjs on now which is nice

Lauren
    Keymaster

How are you this morning – you big loser!!

Hope you had a comfortable night and are raring to go soon. Thanks for the update. We will all shuffle up on the losers bench for you: your place awaits 😉

Doodah x

bakes28

Managed some yogurt and juice without feeling sick so that’s good. In a lot of pain especially on my left hand side. Just been told i have to wear stockings for 4 weeks. Thank goodness I’ve had this done in the colder months! waiting on being discharged and for husband to collect me. I need him to put my socks on for me as i can’t bend over.

Lauren
    Keymaster

That’s a really good start then isn’t it? Yoghurt and juice is a great thing to get started on.

The pain will subside once you get moving and passing wind as it’s the air they pump you with for the surgery that collects and causes discomfort/pain.

Those delightful stockings – you all know my thoughts on those garments from hell! But, like you say, at least they will keep you warm 😉 Thanks for the update my lovely and keep up the good work.

Doodah x

bakes28

Thanks. Back home now. Had a few hours sleep then had some warm semolina. Hadn’t had it in years but really fancied it. How long will the wounds hurt for?

brown69owl

Hi

I had a band fitted in May , now 5 and a half stone lighter , well done on getting yours and I am sure you will soon think it is the best thing.
    I had mine on a Friday and started to feel 100 times better by the Tuesday and was out watching daughter play rounders on the Wednesday. I did find walking around gently helped with the wind pain !

Take care
    Jackie

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thanks for that brilliant advice Jackie. As I am a bypasser, I can only go by what you lovely bandsters tell me so it is invaluable to get the advice straight from the horses mouth – so to speak!

Doodah x

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media