Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

I Just can’t get any restriction

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cazza

Hi guys I needed a defill before I went on a longhaul flight to New York before I went I had plenty of restriction but since having the defill amount put back in plus another 2ml on top I dont seem to still have any restriction. This doesnt make sense to me if I don’t have restriction now but had it before. Has anyone else experienced this help.

Cazza

Sally Bailey
    Participant

Hi Cazza.

I’m a bypass girl so can’t really answer. I’m sure someone will know how to help you on here though. If not, why not give the hospital a ring?

Good luck

Sally x

SJ

Bands are fickle things and defy logic! Even if you have the same amount of fill in your band it does not mean it will feel the same if you have the same put in again. I had barely no restirction with 8ml in, then could not swallow my own saliva with 0.5ml in after a complete de-fill…

You may need another fill to get it right, be patient, hopefully you will get that restriction back in the end.

SJ

GETTING RESTRICTION just right and finding your ”sweet spot” is a nightmare
    and may never happen
    I pray that it does cause the alternative is pure hell
    either you can eat too much
    or no real foods at all
    or vomiting
    but guess what you can ALWAYS eat blooming chocolate as it simply melts and slides through your band
    NEVER AGAIN! -but I hope it’s different for you
    much luck x

cazza

Thanks guys I had another fill about 2 weeks ago i’m now at either 8ml or 8.5ml my last fill was a 1.5ml Velia said she couldn’t put any more in at that time as that was a large fill. I go back to see the dietican on Thursday hope I can get another top p but they always seem to struggle to find my port last time it was 3 holes with 2 needles the time before that I had 9 holes 3 needles before they called for Shaw to help. It doesn’t help that I have a colostomy bag so evrything I do eat goes straight through me even protein veg salad so it’s a nightmare I’m just not losing & desparate to get my to mega big hernia’s done as now when I walk all I see is those & it’s really now getting to me.

Cazza

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media