Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

I have been inform i have to enter tier 3.

Home » Topics » General Section » Obesity & Weight Loss Surgery Debates and Media. » I have been inform i have to enter tier 3.

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    leisa66

Help. ..can anyone give me facts about this please? I have read the health jargon x

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi Leisa

I hope some of our ‘newbies’ will be able to help you with this as I had my surgery almost 8 years ago and SO much has changed since then.

Doodah x

Lelly

@leisa66 33787 wrote:

Help. ..can anyone give me facts about this please? I have read the health jargon x

Hello Leisa,
    I think it may differ depending on area but I had to do Tier 3, which in Kent is Dietician appointments, Psychologist appointments and going to the Gym at the Hospital, this you have to do for 6 – 12 months.

Lelly

Lauren
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for that info, Lelly.

I really should mug up on it as, like I said, so much has changed since I had my bypass 8 years ago in July. I think I shall make that my mission next week – to get up to date on everything.

If you need me to ask anyone anything for you Leisa, just let me know where you are (which county) and I will do my best to get the most up to date answer. 😉

Doodah x

Kimberly
    Participant

I did tier three and was really annoyed with it not found any of it helpful or informative , saw nurse monthly for dietary advice and weight . Offered three half hour psychological itsessions ( wow that was really unhelpfu) at that time my family was experiencing DV police involved but they couldn’t offer more like psychologicall impute . In fact I sorted out my own therapy . Which I would recommend . Had exercise personal trainer but couldn’t do anything as I was on steroids and too poorly . I’m just the hoops needed to jump through . But on reflection I do think that having therapy . Exercise and knowing about dietary needs were important and I use them all the time . After wls you are constantly thinking have I had my nutrition / protein . Taken vitamin Done the exercises And when the s… Hits the fan ways to cope with distress and stress without your best friend food .

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Kimberly 33811 wrote:

I did tier three and was really annoyed with it not found any of it helpful or informative , saw nurse monthly for dietary advice and weight . Offered three half hour psychological itsessions ( wow that was really unhelpfu) at that time my family was experiencing DV police involved but they couldn’t offer more like psychologicall impute . In fact I sorted out my own therapy . Which I would recommend . Had exercise personal trainer but couldn’t do anything as I was on steroids and too poorly . I’m just the hoops needed to jump through . But on reflection I do think that having therapy . Exercise and knowing about dietary needs were important and I use them all the time . After wls you are constantly thinking have I had my nutrition / protein . Taken vitamin Done the exercises And when the s… Hits the fan ways to cope with distress and stress without your best friend food .

Except that what we thought was our best friend in times of need was actually our worst enemy and was trying to kill us!

Great advice here Kim, as always 🙂

Doodah x

leisa66

Thanks everyone. I live in Nottinghamshire and it is derby royal that have the contract for WLS. So it is likely that I will be put n a diet? I am aware I have to show willing and commit but if I could lose weight steadily over 6/12 months wouldn’t that suggest I don’t need or would not meet the required criteria?… My referral went through in February this year .

Lauren
    Keymaster

Hi again Leisa.

They will know that you have been able to lose weight before and that your problem is that you can’t maintain it – just like the rest of us.

I lost the same three stone about ten times over before having wls. What they need is evidence that you will follow the guidelines. It’s an expensive surgery so they will want value for money form you! It’s the same with any NHS procedure these days really.

Doodah x

leisa66

I have my first tier 3 appointment tomorrow…So pleased but still feel my goal is a lifetime away

Lauren
    Keymaster

@leisa66 34126 wrote:

I have my first tier 3 appointment tomorrow…So pleased but still feel my goal is a lifetime away

There are many of us on this forum who completely understand how you feel right at this moment. It felt like it took decades for my surgery to actually happen as I was turned down twice before I had it. I tried to keep saying to myself ‘everything happens at the right time for the right reasons’ and, although I didn’t actually believe it at the time, it IS true.

If I had had it sooner, I would never have met some of the most amazing people I now call friends. They have become a life line for me, even after 7 years. I might not have had the brilliant Shaw Somers as my surgeon, and the whole course of my life would have been different.

So, whilst I am not in any way trying to convince you that your goal isn’t a lifetime away, I am trying to say that the RIGHT time for you will come.

Please keep in touch so that we can all help you on your path. We will support you 100%. When you are having a bad day, come here and rant as sometimes, simply getting it all down in black and white can make sense of it!

Doodah x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media