Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

I did it !

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Andy Toms

well i am finally at the end of my milk diet, having had milk coffee, milk shakes and milk jelly, i am finally starting to look like a cow 😀

but tomorrow is the start of my new life, i am going in for my bypass at chichester with shaw somers, i know the milk diet seems hard but what i would say firstly is its a small sacrifice for the benefits it will give, not just in the fact your liver will shrink making the op easier, but also its a time to test your discipline after all i feel if you are not ready to make this journey then are you really prepared in your mind to make the end goal ?

sorry if this sounds uncaring, but i will be the first to step up and help anyone who feels they are struggling too

ruby tuesday

Well done on sticking to the milk diet and best wishes for tommorow, will be thinking of you. x

kathc

Well done – good luck tomorrow .

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Renn

Well Done you’ve got your leg well and truly over that first hurdle. I was where you are today and in Mr Somers safe hands on 17/04/2011. Has it been worth it these last 13 mths? Take a look at my website when you’re feeling a better at Obesity Weight Consultant for Southampton I Weight Management Programme for West Sussex I Lifestyle Weight Consultant for Portsmouth. My photos show how I feel and felt. I wish you everything you dream of and more.Today is the the first day of your new life. The reset button will be have been reprogrammed offering you success. You seem determined to make a success of it..Good Luck buddy! The forum is here for you and come and meet all your new buddies at the many successful support groups around the area.
    Madeleine (Renn)

Ganny
    Participant

Well done on sticking with the milk diet, it is not the easyist of things but I must say I didn’t find it that hard and it was so worth it as it started my weight lost journey as I lost well over a stone and it made my bypass and my recovery so much better. 11 weeks ago tomorrow I was at St Richard’s for my bypass and in the safe hands of Mr John and since the start of my journey I have now lost nearly 5 stones and feel so much healthier already my BMI has dropped down into the 40’s instead of the 50’s and I have never regretted having it once. Good luck for tomorrow you wil be in safe hands with the surgeon and the nurses on the Chichester Suite. Looking forward to reading your posts as you start out your journey.
    Elaine xx

sonia kidman

Good Luck for tomorrow I was also in St Richards 11 weeks ago on Thursday and like Granny It was the best day of my life.

I have lost over 3 stone and feel great,since my op I no longer need insulin or tablets for high blood pressure or cholestrol.

The nurses are wonderful,looking forward to hearing about your journey :O)
    Sonia x

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Andy

Well done for sticking to the milk diet, I totally agree with your sentiments.

Good luck tomorrow and keep us updated on your progress.

We’ll be making that losers bench more spacious for you.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Ms Ellie

@Andy Toms 16190 wrote:

well i am finally at the end of my milk diet, having had milk coffee, milk shakes and milk jelly, i am finally starting to look like a cow 😀

but tomorrow is the start of my new life, i am going in for my bypass at chichester with shaw somers, i know the milk diet seems hard but what i would say firstly is its a small sacrifice for the benefits it will give, not just in the fact your liver will shrink making the op easier, but also its a time to test your discipline after all i feel if you are not ready to make this journey then are you really prepared in your mind to make the end goal ?

sorry if this sounds uncaring, but i will be the first to step up and help anyone who feels they are struggling too

Excellent news Andy the milk diet is over…. Just want to wish you all the very best today and look forward to seeing you on here posting real soon.

Good luck much love Ellie xxxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Andy

You probably won’t read this for a few days as today’s the day! Hope everything goes brilliantly – it certainly sounds like you have the resolve to make it work fabulously well. A new, better life is just round the corner (which is where the loser’s bench is situated lol!)

Best of British as the old saying goes!

Doodah x

Andy Toms

Thank you so much everybody for your kind wishes and i am glad to say that everything went wonderfully, i went in the first operation of the day at about 8:30 and was back into the ward before 1:30, loaded up with a little morphine, but from then in on i was very lucky to be in the position of being able to refuse all bar a little paracetamol
    Shaw somers came around and told me all had gone very well, so now its my turn to join you all on the losers bench

P.S between my first appointment and my op day i managed to drop roughly 10kgs, so its a slightly smaller space i need already 🙂

luckyflower

pleased all went well, look forward to hearing about your success.
    luckyflower

betty boo

Well done, I am 2 weeks post op, I was very weak and tearful for the first few days, and I found myself questioning why I put myself through it. Now I am so pleased I did, I have lost 2 stone and feel I now have a future. I also had shaw so u r in safe hands. Take care, hope the soup goes down well and keep me informed on Ure progress. Wishing u a speedy recovery. Betty boo x

kathc

Well done – all of you !

Getting excited and nervous myself

Katherine . X

Sent from my iPhone using WLS FORUM

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media