Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

I am back!

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    jansus28

Hello everyone! I am back! It’s been a while! I have stop losing weight and have started gaining! I am post bypass 1year 8 months! And have lost in towel 7 stones Going back to my old ways! Went to see Nicole and Anne Marie at Clementine Churchill today and felt it would be good to come back to the group and go along to the support group too! So here I am! Hope you are all well?? Janice xxx

treeza

Hi there welcome back. Hopefully going back to your support group & coming on here you can get yourself back on track. I’m just over 9 months post bypass & I delighted with my progress so far. Good luck x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@jansus28 32020 wrote:

Hello everyone! I am back! It’s been a while! I have stop losing weight and have started gaining! I am post bypass 1year 8 months! And have lost in towel 7 stones Going back to my old ways! Went to see Nicole and Anne Marie at Clementine Churchill today and felt it would be good to come back to the group and go along to the support group too! So here I am! Hope you are all well?? Janice xxx

Hello my lovely. How wonderful to hear from you again.

I’m sorry to hear you are having a bit of a set back in your progress. I’m very glad though that you are being so proactive and seeking out help from all the right people. Which support group do you go to again? Sorry got quite a few things on my mind at the moment and can’t quite remember. If ever you are down here on the South Coast, please pop in and see us at the Portsmouth meeting!

You are a very treasured member of this forum and have helped so many people in the past. So, let those people now return the favour.

Doodah x

jansus28

Oh thank you Doodah that brought a tear to my eye! Very emotional as I feel lost with it all! I have been sticking to the eating plan by Nicole the nutritionist! Day two feel good today! Yesterday was day one and I felt awful I think I was have withdrawal symptoms from the sugar! Still get dumping with some sugar! My main problem is my portions are getting bigger and I am having to eat often! But it’s all carbs! I have changed jobs and this one is more challenging and I am now doing my MSc so lots changed! I need strength and faith to get through this as I really do not want to go back! Thank you all for your support means loads xxx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Janice, it’s really lovely to read your post, I am having a few problems lately and have come back to the forum. I’m keeping an eye on the scales and I say all the right things to myself but like you my portion size is going up and more carbs and snacks are going in. The good intentions are there but its putting it into practice that’s difficult. Hopefully now my temporary promotion has finished and I’m back in my old comfy job I’ll might be able to control it better and lose a few pounds but my problems is I need to tone up as well and some nights I just don’t seem to have the energy.

Anyway, I’m supposed to be cheering you on so keep up the good work honey, you can do it. Let me know how you get on and welcome back.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxx

jansus28

Defiermum thank you so much!
    You sound very much like me! It’s difficult when you are doing new things and also we are tired! Comfort food takes over!
    I am going back to the gym today! Not looking forward to it but know it has to be done! I think that’s the main way forward now!!
    Please do keep in touch and thanks again!
    Janice

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Janice, thanks for your post, I think that is the key to success, more exercise and less food, simples, oh if only!!!! One think my gp said to me a while go, and I have since found that he is right, if you exercise when your feeling tired you don’t stay tired for long, your energy levels increase and, it does work, it’s just getting over that initial walking over the threshold and going to the gym. I’m lucky I have my own small gym at home, treadmill, vibradisc and assorted pieces of equipment that promise a flat stomach, only trouble is you have to use it !!!!!!! and even that is hard work sometimes and I only have to change my clothes and walk into another room, but it’s for my own good. I have been thinking of going back to weight watchers but I am hesitating go it would feel like I’m cheating everyone else thee, I do after al have a small advantage. Anyway, enough of this wallowing, I must and will do better it’s for my own good and nobody else is going to do it for me !!!

Take care Janice and thanks for listening, it’s good to share just hope I haven’t depressed you any further with my problems. We can both do this, we’ve done it once…

Take care and lots of love
    Lesley
    xxx

Kimberly
    Participant

Thank you both for being honest , have you any suggestions or tip that you could share . I struggle with portions my eyes are bigger than my pouch !!! .i am 5 month out so really worried about teaching you to suck eggs . But what I noticed is that when I decrease my fluid level I seem to eat more . Could upping your fluids help ? Also I got a Baratric plate I can’t eat all of it , you might have one already . I been thinking of rejoining SW , and I find the support group very helpful .
    love Kim xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Kimberly, I do know what you mean about those eyes but 5 months post op your still retraining yourself so relax, don’t be so hard on yourself. You do need to keep your fluids up though, I’m sure you were told this when you had your op but, because the pouch is smaller than your stomach you can’t drink as much in one go as you used to, so you need to drink little and very often, also, you’re probably aware from SW a drink of water before a meal can fill you up, well with the pouch don’t. Don’t worry you will get the balance right it takes a while, I’ve been doing this since 2011 and I sometimes miss time it, you’ll probably find if you keep your fluids up those portion sizes will reduce anyway but relax and try not to stress it, you are still in the early stages after all.

Take care, we’re here for you.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@jansus28 32031 wrote:

Oh thank you Doodah that brought a tear to my eye! Very emotional as I feel lost with it all! I have been sticking to the eating plan by Nicole the nutritionist! Day two feel good today! Yesterday was day one and I felt awful I think I was have withdrawal symptoms from the sugar! Still get dumping with some sugar! My main problem is my portions are getting bigger and I am having to eat often! But it’s all carbs! I have changed jobs and this one is more challenging and I am now doing my MSc so lots changed! I need strength and faith to get through this as I really do not want to go back! Thank you all for your support means loads xxx

How are you today Jan? did you manage to get through the bank holiday weekend ‘unscathed’?

Now didn’t I tell you you were a treasured member of this forum? You are already helping people again! I personally think being part of a group is one of the top five most important things for success after wls. No matter what we do or think we might do, someone else has already done it and learned from it.

You are stressed out and seeking carbs – hello, that sounds awfully familiar! Most comfort food consists of gazillions of carbs and we literally crave them when times are tough. It takes an awful lot of willpower and resolve not to give in to it. Well, we are all merely human so it happens. The trick is not to beat yourself up over it but accept that you have made a mistake and try your darnedest not to keep repeating it. This wls journey is a very, very long one and is not a straight road. be prepared for detours and endless roundabouts that we seem to just keep going round until we recognise the correct turn off.

Use what you learned previously (and with fab success) as your sat nav. And take along some passenger for support. I for one am delighted that you are back. As for joining a weight loss club – you are not at an unfair advantage if you are merely attending to lose some weight. You have merely evened the odds with the surgery. You CAN lose weight now as before you couldn’t no matter what you tried.

I would repeat all of this to Lesley (Deifersmum) too. Do what you have to do to get back in control. You have both already done the most important thing – admitting to yourselves that you don’t like the way things are heading and want to get back in the driving seat. You can both do it. Of that I have no doubt whatsoever. Take things slowly, take plenty of rest breaks along the way, plan your route and try to enjoy the ride. Your journey is a continuing one just like it is for us all. We are all here to help you, just as you have helped so many of us.

Doodah x

jansus28

Thanks Doodah, Lesley and Kimbley! It’s means so much and you are there for me and me for you! Thanks Doodah for saying I am a valued member!
    I have been exhausted and I mean exhausted this weekend! I am so glad I was off and I have today and tomorrow off work! Saturday and Sunday I slept each day during the day a total of five extra hours and still slept through the night that’s when I knew that there was something wrong! I was burnt out and not right! I got my bloods done last week and today got results and my iron, ferritin and Vit D are border line low! I have been not great at taking my multi bits but since last week and sticking to the healthy eating I have been taking them daily!

Eating I have not had any cakes, biscuits, sweets or rubbish since Thursday! Feel great and have lost 5 lbs!!!!

Yes Doodah your are so right it’s hard it’s a roller coaster and it’s always a learning curve!

For once in my life I now have to take control and I know it’s going to be hard but I have a goal and it’s only me that’s going to get me there! But wants nice this time I have you all for support! You all know what I am going through and do not judge which is great and what we all need!

Thanks for being there for me and it’s making me stronger everyday when I see you all have replied to my post! We are in it together!

Love
    Janice xxxx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Thank you Doodah for those kind words of support, it certainly helps to know that there are no judgements or recriminations, (believe me I’m doing enough of that myself!!!) just honest to goodness support and help. I can honestly say it has helped more than you know.

Thanks again honey.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxx

Streamliner

Great to see you back on here posting, why not come along to the support group tomorrow at the Clem from 7.30pm in the restaurant, always a great group of people to help & support you xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@jansus28 32083 wrote:

Thanks Doodah, Lesley and Kimbley! It’s means so much and you are there for me and me for you! Thanks Doodah for saying I am a valued member!
    I have been exhausted and I mean exhausted this weekend! I am so glad I was off and I have today and tomorrow off work! Saturday and Sunday I slept each day during the day a total of five extra hours and still slept through the night that’s when I knew that there was something wrong! I was burnt out and not right! I got my bloods done last week and today got results and my iron, ferritin and Vit D are border line low! I have been not great at taking my multi bits but since last week and sticking to the healthy eating I have been taking them daily!

Eating I have not had any cakes, biscuits, sweets or rubbish since Thursday! Feel great and have lost 5 lbs!!!!

Yes Doodah your are so right it’s hard it’s a roller coaster and it’s always a learning curve!

For once in my life I now have to take control and I know it’s going to be hard but I have a goal and it’s only me that’s going to get me there! But wants nice this time I have you all for support! You all know what I am going through and do not judge which is great and what we all need!

Thanks for being there for me and it’s making me stronger everyday when I see you all have replied to my post! We are in it together!

Love
    Janice xxxx

That’s it Janice, we ARE all in it together.

Streamliner’s idea to pop along to the support group at the Clementine Churchill hospital is an excellent one. Believe me, I don’t know what I would do without all the fab people I have met through them. It so refreshing not to have to justify ourselves to anyone. No explanations needed and absolutely NO judgement. It’s that most important aspect of it that helps so much. Plus the fact that they help us to realise that we are only human – we make mistakes. The thing is, not to beat ourselves up about it.

This weight loss thing will be with us forever, most likely. So it is best to share the experience with people who are ALWAYS on your side 😉

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Streamliner 32087 wrote:

Great to see you back on here posting, why not come along to the support group tomorrow at the Clem from 7.30pm in the restaurant, always a great group of people to help & support you xx

I love your flashing before and after thingy!! Just realised that sounds incredibly rude haha!

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media