Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

HURTFUL COMMENTS

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    ruby tuesday

Thanks guys, appreciate your comments. xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Ruby

I’m sending a big hug to you through the ether, sister’s are funny creatures, they can be very surprising and unpredictable. Sounds like yours wanted an ‘on tap’ baby sitter who was going to fit in with her plans and, when you didn’t the toys got thrown out of the pram, hopefully, speaking as an optimist, she’ll realise her mistake and eventually come back into the fold but, if not its her loss, fingers crossed it will work out eventually and come right for you both. Are you sure your other sister and step-dad were supporting her and not trying to remain nutral. Hang in there Ruby this is your time, time to put yourself first and leave the others to deal with life their own way.

As for that shop assistant, what a silly ignorant person I do wish people would get the facts before giving an opinion on something they know absolutely nothing about, it makes my blood boil !!!!!!

Anyway honey chin up, stay strong we’re all here for you.

Take care
    Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxx

ruby tuesday

I did wonder whether to put my post up, but am very glad I did, as your comments really help, and surprisingly people do often seem to find their weight loss is a problem for other people, so I hope if anyone else goes through something similar, they will see they are not alone! As for me, I am making sure this time I can still see my nephews when they are with other family members – luckily my sister’s ex is very understanding. As my sister is thin and pretty and 15 yrs younger, I doubt she is jealous, but clearly does expect things to happen at her say-so! Families eh!

Pinkdancer

Unfortunately some people cannot support us as they should because of their own beings. We cannot always get people to react the way we would react and that can hurt us alot. We are all quite sensitive souls and this process is as much a mental journey as a physical one.

I have only had a couple of negative comments – again from family ( my aunts ) one of which has not seen me since my op and the other who had to eat her words when she actually saw me after 7 months of not seeing me.

We have to believe in ourselves as we are the only people that we can rely on truly. I do feel that if someone loves you unconditionally then they will want whatever you want for yourself and you are so worth it Ruby as we all are.

So take a step back and deep breath and think that you are doing the right thing and that they have the problem not you. I know it hurts but as we all say you can’t choose your family but you can choose who you let into you life and who you listen too.

Take care everyone because you are worth it xx

shelleymarie

I just wanted to post a message of support because I feel I understand because I have a very difficult relationship with my sister. Speaking to her is like walking through a mind field of hurtful comments. You just never know when one is going to come and you know when it does it will be so shocking you can’t even speak back. So I dread to think what she will be like when I start losing weight. I’m sorry you are struggling with your sister. I know I find it so hard that I’m not close with my sister, so can completely understand why you feel so betrayed, especially after being like her Mum. I think what the others have said is that she is jealous for some reason (my sister has everything I don’t, she is happily married, with a good job, own home, pretty and a size 8 but she is jealous of me because of the relationship I have with my mum) and that maybe she is the one who needs to do some growing up. Maybe she resents the idea of you getting some attention for your weight loss and success when she is used to having it? Maybe in some time she will change but sometimes I think we have to accept that as much a we love our family, we can’t always be there friends. Take Care.

Lauren
    Keymaster

@shelleymarie 20549 wrote:

I just wanted to post a message of support because I feel I understand because I have a very difficult relationship with my sister. Speaking to her is like walking through a mind field of hurtful comments. You just never know when one is going to come and you know when it does it will be so shocking you can’t even speak back. So I dread to think what she will be like when I start losing weight. I’m sorry you are struggling with your sister. I know I find it so hard that I’m not close with my sister, so can completely understand why you feel so betrayed, especially after being like her Mum. I think what the others have said is that she is jealous for some reason (my sister has everything I don’t, she is happily married, with a good job, own home, pretty and a size 8 but she is jealous of me because of the relationship I have with my mum) and that maybe she is the one who needs to do some growing up. Maybe she resents the idea of you getting some attention for your weight loss and success when she is used to having it? Maybe in some time she will change but sometimes I think we have to accept that as much a we love our family, we can’t always be there friends. Take Care.

I think you have it spot on Shelley. Fabulous post. Thanks for sharing it with us xx

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media