Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

How wls has helped me so far

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    shelleymarie

Hi all. Just wanted to share some more exciting develops I’ve had since have my bypass 10 weeks ago. I’m doing really, really great! I’ve lost over 5 stone, I’ve got a part time job after not being able to work for years and there is talk of full time employment, I’m a size 24 when I was a size 36 and I can now walk when I couldn’t at all before the surgery. I was basically too fat, now I can walk half an hour without back pain and I’m getting fitter every day. Guy Slater saved me from a miserable existence and literally saved my life as I doubt I had longer than 5-10 years the way I was going. I’m looking forward to seeing him at my next check up to thank him personally. Any pre op’s reading this, It’s worth the wait and everything you are going through, it really is. Thanks everyone who supported me pre op, especially Doodah, I know we started in similar places so I thought you would appreciate hearing how well I’m doing. Hopefully I get where you are one day 🙂

zinc

Hi Shelleymarie,
    Congrats on your success. So good to hear that you are doing so well post op.
    Would you be kind enough to share your experience of the difference of desire for eating habit? My daughter is now pre op waiting
    for appt for bypass ( might take upto 6 months I believe). She is hoping that her huge appetite for wrong kind of food ( carb and
    fatty food while she is already diabetic) will be reduced or disappear after the surgery.
    Please tell me if that is correct or not. She loves cheese, all kinds of carb etc and gaining weight badly. I do worry for her weight
    but do worry even more in case after a major procedure she becomes unsuccessful in correcting her eating habit.
    Thanks.

lisac2012

U have done great! Well done 🙂 can’t wait for mine now xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLS FORUM

Lauren
    Keymaster

@shelleymarie 25088 wrote:

Hi all. Just wanted to share some more exciting develops I’ve had since have my bypass 10 weeks ago. I’m doing really, really great! I’ve lost over 5 stone, I’ve got a part time job after not being able to work for years and there is talk of full time employment, I’m a size 24 when I was a size 36 and I can now walk when I couldn’t at all before the surgery. I was basically too fat, now I can walk half an hour without back pain and I’m getting fitter every day. Guy Slater saved me from a miserable existence and literally saved my life as I doubt I had longer than 5-10 years the way I was going. I’m looking forward to seeing him at my next check up to thank him personally. Any pre op’s reading this, It’s worth the wait and everything you are going through, it really is. Thanks everyone who supported me pre op, especially Doodah, I know we started in similar places so I thought you would appreciate hearing how well I’m doing. Hopefully I get where you are one day 🙂

Shelley, for some reason I have only just seen this post (I was on holiday for 2 weeks mind) and I simply cannot tell you how HAPPY it makes me to hear all your news. I could honestly Squeal with delight!!! In fact, hang on – I’m going to do a little happy dance…….

There! I just made a total fool of myself in front of my two dogs haha!

I’m so, so, so happy for you. This has made my Monday one of the best ever. I hope Guy Slater gets to read this Shelley. Thank you so much for sharing it with us all. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Well done my darling – you have worked so hard for your success. FIVE stone in 10 weeks!! Totally inspirational.

I’m so very, very proud of you xxxxx

Doodah xx

shelleymarie

Oh only just seen this. Thank you so much. Things have just gone from strength to strength since this. I’m 3 and half months post op now and lost 7st. I’ve been doing tons of research about nutrition and have got my diet down really well. I manage most foods (healthy choices) and having a nice small balance diet and it really seems to work well. Never hungry and very satisfied. I was sick so much for the first 8 weeks but now that very rarely happens. The exciting bit is my head seems to be coming together more each day too. I’m now only on 3 anti depressant pills a day when I use to be on 8 and no more blood pressure pills 😀 Work is still going well and joining the gym too. Oh and I’m learning to drive! a huge thing for me because I couldn’t even get the seat belt done up before. The only problem I’m having is my mum has become quite poorly, and awaiting a brain scan, I’m now her full time carer but although I’m ever so worried about her I haven’t turned to food! I’m very tired working and doing everything for her but I’m coping! Plus I can do it. My mum was my carer when I was too fat to do anything, I now know and appreciate so much more that she has done and happy to be able to help her. Hopefully the scan will find out what’s wrong and things will get better there too.

Anyway thanks again. Hope you had a good holiday Doodah, I’m off on mine in November if I my mum is ok to go. I’ve already booked 2 walking tours of the volcano’s and waterfalls in La Palma. Very excited about that and my future 😀 xxx

Lauren
    Keymaster

What you have lost in weight, you have gained in confidence. I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to hear you so optimistic about the future. Posts like yours are the reason I live and breathe my job!

I hope your Mum gets encouraging news and that you are able to go on your holiday. Whoever would have thought last year that you would book walking tours of volcanoes on your holiday?

You are a total inspiration 🙂

Doodah x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media