Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

How much weight have you lost?

Home ยป Topics ยป General Section ยป General Chat, Games & celebrations. ยป How much weight have you lost?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    kellbell

Hi people!! Quick question when people say how much have you lost?
    Do people include the milk diet or from op?
    ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Lelly

@kellbell 33490 wrote:

๐Ÿ™‚ x

Hello Kellbell, not had my bypass yet but my friend who had her operation done at St Richard’s, always includes the milk diet loss but St Richards just take it from her operation weight. How much have you lost?

Lelly

kellbell

Hi lelly! I’m 5weeks post op (gastric bypass) had it at Portsmouth QA! inc milk diet 2st 8lbs from op 1st 4lbs! X

kellbell

Do you know when your op is? What stage are you at? X

Lauren
    Keymaster

@kellbell 33490 wrote:

๐Ÿ™‚ x

I don’t include the milk diet. I use only what the surgery helped me to lose, which is 15 st. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

I don’t think it actually matters. It’s your loss, your achievement so measure it how you like

Lauren
    Keymaster

You are 100% right of course, Chris ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doodah x

Lelly

@kellbell 33492 wrote:

Hi lelly! I’m 5weeks post op (gastric bypass) had it at Portsmouth QA! inc milk diet 2st 8lbs from op 1st 4lbs! X

Oh brilliant Kellbell, you are doing really well, it is so early days pet x

Lelly

@kellbell 33493 wrote:

Do you know when your op is? What stage are you at? X

I have had the go ahead from my MDT appointment, hopefully July, fingers and everything else crossed :O)

Lauren
    Keymaster

That will come around SO quickly! Think of all the sunbathing whilst you are recuperating too!

It feels like I only put the Christmas decorations away a few weeks ago and it’s now April. Madness how quickly time is passing. Probably because I’m getting older haha!

Doodah x

Hello all I started the milk diet 3/1/15 I was 25.4 sat morning I was 18.10 soo happy with the change and I feel great!! Cannot thank Mr Slater and the team enough!! ��

Lauren
    Keymaster

@dannybrighton 33513 wrote:

Hello all I started the milk diet 3/1/15 I was 25.4 sat morning I was 18.10 soo happy with the change and I feel great!! Cannot thank Mr Slater and the team enough!! ??

Hi Danny

What an amazing difference! You must be over the moon. It’s actually quite staggering isn’t it? Well done indeed ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

loulou19

That’s an amazing weight loss Danny, you must have noticed quite a difference in yourself. Everyday tasks must be getting easier.

I am 12 weeks post op, plus I did 10 days of a low carb diet, and my loss is 2stone 12lbs which I am delighted with. Managed to paint my own toe nails comfortably! have always struggled in the past. lol x

Lelly

@Doodah 33505 wrote:

That will come around SO quickly! Think of all the sunbathing whilst you are recuperating too!

It feels like I only put the Christmas decorations away a few weeks ago and it’s now April. Madness how quickly time is passing. Probably because I’m getting older haha!

Doodah x

That is a plus point, recuperation is always good in the sun. I am surprised how quickly it’s gone but a bit frightened to say it in case I am tempting fate

Lelly x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Lelly 33523 wrote:

That is a plus point, recuperation is always good in the sun. I am surprised how quickly it’s gone but a bit frightened to say it in case I am tempting fate

Lelly x

Funnily enough, people sometimes think they have tempted fate when they have a plateau. I know I did as mine lasted for about 2 months! Then BOOM, off came the final 2 st.

It’s wise to remember that your body is undergoing massive changes and that it needs a ‘holiday’ just like we do. My own personal opinion is that if you keep doing the same thing (follow the guidelines) and expecting the same outcome, you can’t go far wrong – even if it takes twice as long.

Being able to do all the little things you thought you never would again is such an amazing feeling. Painting my own toenails felt wonderful to me as I hadn’t even SEEN my little feet for years!

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media