Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

How much is five stones in weight?

Home ยป Topics ยป General Section ยป General Chat, Games & celebrations. ยป How much is five stones in weight?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Doodah
    Keymaster

I’m putting up this photo as I would like to give you a frame of reference for how much weight five stones is.

The big, strong boy in this photo is my Chocolate Labrador, Pippy. He weighs just over five stones. Now, I would challenge each of you to pick up this gorgeous boy and walk around with him in your arms for 24 hours to see how it feels! Then think about just how much 5 stones really is.

We bandy colossal weight losses around on this forum as if it is an every day occurrence so, I think it’s useful to have some sort of perspective. I personally would have to carry round THREE Pippy’s every day 24/7.

Pippy is my constant companion and I love him with all my heart but I wouldn’t like to have to cart him around all day (he would let me though the big softie) so I thought this might be a bit of a fun way for you to be able to realise just what you have achieved. Doodah x

208485_10151475988714736_1046215600_n_zps52c56e7d.jpg

Paul-H
    Participant

Thanks for posting this, it does make you wonder just how we ever managed to move about at all before surgery, could you just imagine what would happen if someone stuck a rucksack on your back with 10 to 15 stones in it, we would fall over is what would happen and not be able to get up, yet we managed to move about more or less when we where 10 to 15 stones heavier or in some cases more. Don’t think I could manage 2 Pippys now either.

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

Exactly Paul. How DID we do it?

My other dog is a bit lighter but not much. He’s a rescue Greyhound (old boy now with a grey muzzle) but is still in fabulously good shape. He weighs about 4.75st but it’s all lean muscle as he can still cover the entire village green in under five seconds! Silly Pippy tries to keep up – it’s so funny ๐Ÿ˜‰

katy

I have lost 2 and a bit Labradors!! Yay!!! ?

londonmag

I lost my wife’s weight 11st 8lb as of Sunday.

Told her that I’d effectively lost her in the car on Sunday – went down very badly and guess I could have phrased better ๐Ÿ™‚ made me laugh though.

I often discuss with friends how would they feel carrying each other on their shoulders day in day out

Makes you think
    K
    X

Doodah
    Keymaster

@katy 28271 wrote:

I have lost 2 and a bit Labradors!! Yay!!! ��

Loving the two and a bit Labradors Katy lol! I honestly don’t know how we all managed to do it before wls.

There is a bit in The Biggest Loser show on each series where they strap on the weight each person has lost throughout the show and make them climb a very steep hill. As they proceed, they can dump some of the weight. They always say that by the time they get to the top they feel so light it’s like they are almost floating. I think that everyone should try it. However, someone else would have to carry my weights to the hill as I definitely couldn’t: 15st!!

I always say, we bandy these numbers around that we often forget the actual amounts to which we are referring. Hundreds and hundreds of pounds in some cases. I am friends with people who have lost 30+ stone. THIRTY!! That’s two chunky rugby players….SIX Labradors haha!

We should all be so proud of ourselves.

Doodah x

Doodah
    Keymaster

@londonmag 28272 wrote:

I lost my wife’s weight 11st 8lb as of Sunday.

Told her that I’d effectively lost her in the car on Sunday – went down very badly and guess I could have phrased better ๐Ÿ™‚ made me laugh though.

I often discuss with friends how would they feel carrying each other on their shoulders day in day out

Makes you think
    K
    X

Haha!! Love it. How do your friends react when you ask them about it K?

Doodah x

londonmag

My friends are incredibly supportive and at times daft. Only last Sunday – 1st BBQ of year I had two of them on each others shoulders for 30 mins.

They were knackered!

Very very sadly, says it all about the weight we have all carried….

Doodah
    Keymaster

@londonmag 28312 wrote:

My friends are incredibly supportive and at times daft. Only last Sunday – 1st BBQ of year I had two of them on each others shoulders for 30 mins.

They were knackered!

Very very sadly, says it all about the weight we have all carried….

Your BBQs sound great fun. Was there alcohol involved or did you just use your powers of persuasion lol!?

I have lost my husband’s weight. He is a burly chap so it is almost beyond belief that I carried the equivalent weight on my body for over 25 years. Thanks to wls and the wonderful Shaw Somers and his team, I will never have to do that again.

Doodah x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media