Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

How much did you all loose on your milk diet?

Home » Topics » Surgical Journey » Pre- Weight Loss Surgery » The Pre-op Liver Shrinkage or Milk Diet » How much did you all loose on your milk diet?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ClaireBear

I was advised that I should loose a minimum of a stone… and I’m panicking about it tbh! I get a Weigh in on Friday (op following Tuesday) and I’m scared to death that I wont have lost that much! according to my scales I’m only on 4lbs! 🙁

Andy Toms

@ClaireBear 16827 wrote:

I was advised that I should loose a minimum of a stone… and I’m panicking about it tbh! I get a Weigh in on Friday (op following Tuesday) and I’m scared to death that I wont have lost that much! according to my scales I’m only on 4lbs! 🙁

What you have to think about claire is that we are all different in the way we lose weight, also the losing weight is more a bonus than the real reason for doing the milk diet….. the real reason is to shrink your liver to make the operation site more accessible for the surgeon to do the procedure

i personally lost something like 10kg’s (22lb’s) between my first meeting and my operation date which was in something like 7 weeks, though i am sure others have lost more and some less, as we all lose at different rates so although i wish you good luck with your target to lose a stone please don’t beat yourself up if you don’t manage it

mandyl

and remember also its to shrink liver to help surgeon rather than normal weight loss, so dont panic 🙂 x

Doodah
    Keymaster

I lost a stone and 2lbs but everyone is different and I guess it depends on your start weight? Mine was 26st+!!!

Fenella

I only lost about 8 pounds and they were still happy with me and to go ahead. It’s really about shrinking the liver and showing a willingness. I was the lower end for a bypass with bmi of 40.05 so I’m sure that’s why. Don’t worry just stick to it you’ll be fine.

Sally Bailey
    Participant

Hiya

I lost about 12lbs and that was perfectly acceptable to my surgeon. The purpose of it is to shrink the liver and it did just that!
    You’ll be absolutely fine if you can just stick with it: it’s no time/effort at all in the scheme of things (in my humble opinion)

Sally x

I lost 1 st and 10 lbs but i was super morbid obese BMI 69
    so i guess its all relative to the patient!

Doodah
    Keymaster

@stilltryingsohard 16859 wrote:

I lost 1 st and 10 lbs but i was super morbid obese BMI 69
    so i guess its all relative to the patient!

Wow, yours was 5 more than mine!

SJ

Well, I had to do the low carb pre-op det as lactose intolerant, stuck to it like glue for 10 days (even though only had to do 7) and lost NOTHING! Still, my liver was tiny according to Mr Somers, so must have done something right! Mind you, I lost a stone in the first week post op, so caught up rather quickly…

BMI was about 52 at time of bypass…

SJ

Fenella

Yes I did the low carb low fat too so maybe the milk diet makes you lose more . ….

miss missy

i did the low carb diet and lost a stone which took me down to 18 1lb in time for my op.dont be disheartend.all scales are different so you may find youve lost more on hospital scales.im sure your liver will be tickidy boo.xxxx

ClaireBear

Thanks guys I lost 11lbs and they were fine with it. :):) cheers fir your replies!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media