Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

How long if I self fund ?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    gaynor

Hi
    I have an appointment with Shaw on Monday about possible revision surgery and it cannot come soon enough.
    Can sombody tell me please how long I will have to wait for the op if I self fund ?
    Thanks
    Gaynor X

ruby tuesday

I think only Shaw will be able to answer that to be honest, it depends on his schedules and what hospital you will be attending for the surgery. Have you had lots of problems then?

gaynor

Hi
    I’ve got a consultation with Shaw on Monday for possible revision and I’m just wondering if he agrees to do my op if I self fund how long I will have to wait before I can have it done.
    Thanks
    gaynor X

gaynor

My band slipped in 2008, by the time it was removed (my local hospital just dosed me up with pain killers for three days although I was begging them to completely de-fill and contact my surgeon !!) my stomach had gone black so I lost my band and part of my stomach. Unfortunately I had an endoscopy recently to be told that I need a revision whether I want one or not as my tummy is not working properly, there was a huge amount of part digested food apparently that had been there for ages, I also have some nasy side effects.
    Unfortunately since being told I need an op my head is telling me I need to eat everything in sight, plus my mum died a few weeks ago. I’m just not in a very good place at the moment.
    Bet you wish you had’nt asked
    Gaynor X

78rpm

dont be silly we all want to help and be there no matter what problems we have had or are having, there is always an end in sight and Shaw is fantastic I’m sure he will get you sorted out!

miss piggy
    gaynor wrote:
    Hi
    I have an appointment with Shaw on Monday about possible revision surgery and it cannot come soon enough.
    Can sombody tell me please how long I will have to wait for the op if I self fund ?
    Thanks
    Gaynor X

Hi Gaynor

Just a note to say sorry your in a difficult place at the moment and sorry for you loss of your mum. I can’t help on your question but there are lots of lovely people on here who will help. Thinking of you.
    Karen (miss piggy)

Sent from my iPod touch using WLS FORUM

ANN410

Hi gaynor , feel for u Hun , I have had my problems with surgery , met with shaw Somers yesterday and feel I will be in the safest hands possible , if any one can help , he is the man , x x

gaynor

Ahh thanks everybody you’re so kind.
    The way I feel at the moment if Shaw said I could have an op on Monday that would sort me out I would say ok do it !!
    Fed up of being uncomfortable.
    And good luck Ann with your op, not long to wait now
    Gaynor X

ruby tuesday

Gaynor, I am so sorry about your Mum, and you are doing what you need to do to cope with that, so be gentle with yourself. Losing a parent is hard, we are suddenly cast adrift and forced to grow up, you use this forum as much as you need, with no worries about what you say, people understand.

You have been through a horrible time with your surgery and stomach, and I hope this surgery gives you relief from that, and allows life to come back to a more normal state. I hope you have supportive friends and family, but if not, you have some truely lovely people on here, so look after yourself, and keep us posted. Best wishes, Ruby xx

Fenella

I too was self funding and had my first appt with Shaw Somers on 18 March in Harley St. I was offered 04 April which I couldn’t do then he couldn’t do when I could and then I was offered late May which I took. It helped that I didn’t mind which of the centres he operates in I went to but there was quite a long period of no communication which was an anxious time! I don’t know how typical a time frame mine was but it is one illustration for you anyway. I wish I’d known about the I interest free loans which I gather Streamline does! Good luck hope you get a date soon.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media