Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

How are you all?

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi guys.

I cannot believe it is February tomorrow! How the frilly heck did that happen?

How is the horrible weather making you feel? For my part, I’m craving some sunshine, even if it’s just peeking through the clouds or full-on gleaming on a cold frosty day. I have to take Vit D supplements, as I’m sure many of you do too. In this weather, I have to cover my mouth and nose to warm up the air I breath (asthma) so when I am out, I look like a polar explorer! If I could get hold of a real, old fashioned balaclava (like the one I used to wear to school) I’d snap it up!

Streamline have lots of new and exciting things coming up this year, so make sure you keep abreast of everything by visiting our website:

Home

I remember how I used to feel before having my gastric bypass around this time of year – another failed diet and honestly believing that there was nothing I could do to get out of the lifelong cycle of yo-yo dieting. Thank goodness for weightloss surgery! I’m now in my ninth year post bypass. Deciding to have wls was one of the best decisions I have ever made, after getting married and having my children. I wouldn’t be here now were it not for Shaw Somers and the entire Streamline team.

Anyway, I hope you are all ok and have already booked a holiday in the sun! Have to say, when (or IF) the sun shines in the UK, it’s a wonderful place to have a holiday.

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

Hi

I can’t wait for the warmer weather too. Like a lot of us, I feel the cold far more now I’m not carrying 12 stones of fat. No wonder I was well insulated before! Holidays are different post wls too. I’ve never been a fan of sitting on a beach doing nothing, I much prefer to see the sights. I have the energy to do so now. And if I do decide to sit for an hour watching the ocean or by the pool, I don’t feel like a freak anymore. Clearly, I’ll never be a bikini model but I’m happy to wear longish shorts and a t shirt that covers my upper arms. If I do decide to swim I tend to get in and out quickly, my thighs are not a pretty sight.

I have booked 2 weeks off end of May beginning of June. I’m not certain what to do with the time yet but I have a long ambition to visit the Black Forest. Stunning views and great walks. Camping there appeals to me. Camping is another passion I’ve rediscovered after my bypass, I can fit into a sleeping bag now.

I do wonder why it seems hardly anyone posts on this forum anymore. Any ideas? I hope it just means everyone is happy and well and getting on with their lives. Since you are the ‘master of the universe’ on this forum Doodah, are you in touch with anyone just to confirm they are OK as they are not posting?

I have not seen any posts from new people either. It’s a joy to share this journey and I very much appreciated the support when I was pre op and in the early days. We are the experts and we should help each other. I can’t believe it will be 3 years in April. I lost all my weight in the first year so it has been stable for almost 2 years. That has never happened before. When I look at how much I eat now compared with the months after surgery I am surprised I have not put some back but the scales don’t lie and I feel fab. I’m so grateful for what I have.

Chris x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Chris

So nice to hear from you.

I am beyond jealous of you going to The Black Forest. It is definitely on my bucket list.

I cannot believe it will be three years in April! That time has flown by so quickly. You are doing brilliantly and you are a wonderful example of how to live life to the fullest after weightloss surgery.

As for people on this forum, I think most are simply just so busy with their new, healthier lives that they don’t have any spare time to engage. People drop in all the time though. Also, some people now prefer Facebook groups as they are more ‘instant’.

I love the fact that people are so busy getting on with their lives that real, social situations have replaced virtual ones. I know that is the case for you and I. I’m beyond grateful for my bypass. I’m having time with my family I didn’t think I would have. I have never regretted it, have you? Perhaps for a few seconds when I am so cold that my nose starts running haha! Doesn’t that paint an attractive picture – NOT!

Keep in touch and I really want to hear all about your trip to the Black Forest as I will definitely go there in the not too distant future 😉

Doodah x

Dizzy
    Participant

Hi Doodah… i have been away from this site for a good few years…. can u please remind me how to start a new topic ? Many Thanks Dizzy xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Dizzy.

On the home page you will find three headings:

Welcome to Streamline Surgical

Surgical Journey

General section

Click onto the one you think is most pertinent to the one you want then you will be offered subcategories. Let’s say you opt for General Section – and you click onto General Chat, games and Celebrations.

You will then find a list of all the threads that have been started. If you scroll right to the bottom you will find ‘Create a new topic’ with the space to begin typing. The procedure is the same for every category as in, you scroll to the bottom to find the ‘new topic’ area.

Hope this is helpful!

Doodah x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media