Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Hormones

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kitten
    Participant

Why is it that after wls you can eat tiny amounts and not faint? is it something to do with how the gut hormones now work after a bypass?

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Kitten.

What a great question!

I’m not clinically qualified to answer it but I can ask someone who is, for you. Please leave it with me 😉

Doodah x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Kitten.

I have just had this back from Mr Chris Pring:

‘Your body is very good at adapting and regulating itself. Indeed, hormone interactions are part of this process.
    However good dietitian follow up is also important. This is something Streamline really focuses on’

How’s that for a quick answer!

Thanks for asking the question as I too was really interested to have a definitive answer.

Doodah x

Kitten
    Participant

Wow, that was a quick response! Thank you – reminded me of a snake I used to have, he seemed to be able to regulate his metabolic process too!

Doodah
    Keymaster

Haha! That made me chuckle. Glad we don’t have to wriggle along on our bellies though. What on earth would I do with my rather extensive shoe collection?

Doodah x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media