Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Horlicks

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul-H
    Participant

Hi guys

For the last month I have been plagued with insomnia, and very rarely get more than 2 hours sleep, I have tried all the herbal remedies without any luck, so yesterday the wife suggested just trying a cup of Horlicks as I go to bed.

Did it work, no it didn’t I spent the night awake with a blinding headache, this morning I checked the ingredients and found each cup had 12 Grams of sugar, and being an ex diabetic I don’t normally take that amount of sugar in one hit, do you reckon it was the high sugar that gave me the bad headache. Could have been some sort of dump, am I just clutching at straws.

Anyone else having issues with Horlick’s.

Thanks

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

12 grams of sugar in one hit is enough to make anyone go mad, let alone a former diabetic and wls patient!! combine that with the milk’s carbs and BAM!

Try the made with water low cal version to see if that works or better still, just a glass of warm milk on it’s own. It’s the chemicals in the warmed milk that make us sleepy.

Hope this helps and that you find a way of dealing with your insomnia. I’ve suffered for YEARS so would be willing to try anything ;-))

Doodah x

Paul-H
    Participant

Many thanks Doodah

It was a first for me so did not know for sure if it was dumping as everyone is different, but I sure won’t be doing that again.

All the best

Paul

Doodah
    Keymaster

Your’e welcome paul x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media