Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Horizon

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hazelann70

Did anyone watch this weeks Horizon? It was about fasting and IGF1. Well worth a watch. Think I might just embark on the 5/2 diet of fasting for 2 days and eating normaly for 5 although the fasting allows you some calories. Michael Mosley’s results were amazing.

BBC iPlayer – Horizon: 2012-2013: Eat, Fast and Live Longer

Lauren
    Keymaster

Not sure what to make of it in all honesty. Just seems like self punisment wrapped up in pop science. Having said that, if it works….who am I to judge?

hazelann70

I could quite easilly do the 2 day fast on a Friday and Saturday when I’m down the cafe as I don’t often get time to eat all day. Must say, the IGF1 was an interesting bit. My son has to have daily growth hormone which I’m sure is all to do with this. Can’t say it’s made him any brainier when he wasn’t on it as he’s got special educational needs. Makes me wonder what he would have been like if he wasn’t diffy in the hormone lol. I will see about giving it a go for the next few weeks and will report back if I find anything useful happens. Be handy to keep the brain going though lol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media