Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Home now

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    charabanc

Hi everybody,

I thought I would give a quick update.
    I had my RNY Gastric Bypass on Tuesday, and it all went very well. I was discharged on Thursday.

I cannot say I really had any bad pain, just a little discomfort, and to be honest, I think that was more like stiffness from being in bed too much!

All through the operation process I have been plagued by a tooth problem, with culminated in having an extraction a week prior to surgery, and this has given me far more pain and discomfort than the RNY. And now, back home i have developed Dry Socket :sick:. In fact if it were not for the toothache, I probably would to have needed so much pain releif!

So now I am looking forward to learning a new way to cook, it will be hard, but I am feeling excited about it all.

In fact, I am now beginning to think my future is bright.

Have a nice day xx.

hmb74

Hi, welcome aboard 🙂

Glad the op went well but sorry you’ve been in pain from other sources.

I’m just over 5 months ahead of you and can honestly say that it was one of THE best things I have ever done xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@charabanc 25606 wrote:

Hi everybody,

I thought I would give a quick update.
    I had my RNY Gastric Bypass on Tuesday, and it all went very well. I was discharged on Thursday.

I cannot say I really had any bad pain, just a little discomfort, and to be honest, I think that was more like stiffness from being in bed too much!

All through the operation process I have been plagued by a tooth problem, with culminated in having an extraction a week prior to surgery, and this has given me far more pain and discomfort than the RNY. And now, back home i have developed Dry Socket :sick:. In fact if it were not for the toothache, I probably would to have needed so much pain releif!

So now I am looking forward to learning a new way to cook, it will be hard, but I am feeling excited about it all.

In fact, I am now beginning to think my future is bright.

Have a nice day xx.

Yikes. Don’t think there is much that is more painful than toothache/trouble to be honest!

So glad you are feeling so positive. You certainly do have much to look forward to. You can rely on us happy band of losers to be with you all the way haha!

Thanks for the update too. It’s a brilliant post for someone considering wls to read. It’s how this place works – we all do the same journey but at different stages/times, which means we are all constantly learning.

Doodah x

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media