Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Holiday/festive season eating after wls

Home ยป Topics ยป General Section ยป General Chat, Games & celebrations. ยป Holiday/festive season eating after wls

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Keymaster

Hello my darlings.

I hope the festive/holiday/Christmas season is going well for you.

For some of you, it will be the first one after wls and that can be tough. Try to remember the bigger picture. This time next year you will be happier, healthier and in full control of your lives again.

If things are tough, please come here and ask for reassurance and support. We don’t have all the answers but we know exactly how you feel ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

Boo22
    Participant

Thank you for thinking of us newbies! Must admit it’d been a bit tough but more as far as not having a drink at parties is concerned. I have been the designated driver each time! Food hasn’t been an issue at all. Feeling very spurred on my the weight loss which far outweighs missing the food!! xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Boo22 34824 wrote:

Thank you for thinking of us newbies! Must admit it’d been a bit tough but more as far as not having a drink at parties is concerned. I have been the designated driver each time! Food hasn’t been an issue at all. Feeling very spurred on my the weight loss which far outweighs missing the food!! xx

I’m always the designated driver too! I rarely drink so I am used to it.

I’m so glad that your weight loss has made going without all the festive food easier to bear. Can you imagine how fabulous you are going to look and feel this time next year!!? Eeeek! Your positive mindset will make things much easier.

Kate Moss said ‘nothing tastes as good as skinny feels’. I think that’s ridiculous. Who wants to be skinny? I prefer to think ‘Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels’. Healthy is the best ‘look’ in my opinion.

Well done Boo. I hope you are proud of yourself. It’s flippin hard work!

Doodah x

penny

hi there glad your doing ok, merry christmas to all, i agree Boo its been hard with all the goodies around I have done fantastic with the food and it has not worried me at all, there was only one day christmas eve i thought I would try some chedders and i paid for that for a few hours so never again,and the drink I tried a glass of wine with my mash and brussels christmas dinner , it was ok but it did affect me i felt quite weak and thirsty, so back to the plan milky drinks and all is well, my pain is easing and i feel so much better, my stomach is still sore but that is a lot better as well, have a great new year eve all, lots of love penny xxx

Boo22
    Participant

Happy New Year Penny and to all the lovely supportive people we have been lucky enough to have had support from in the last few months xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@penny 34828 wrote:

hi there glad your doing ok, merry christmas to all, i agree Boo its been hard with all the goodies around I have done fantastic with the food and it has not worried me at all, there was only one day christmas eve i thought I would try some chedders and i paid for that for a few hours so never again,and the drink I tried a glass of wine with my mash and brussels christmas dinner , it was ok but it did affect me i felt quite weak and thirsty, so back to the plan milky drinks and all is well, my pain is easing and i feel so much better, my stomach is still sore but that is a lot better as well, have a great new year eve all, lots of love penny xxx

It’s recommended that you don’t try alcohol for at least a year post surgery. I know some people find that really tough, especially at times like Christmas/New Year etc. I’m glad your first Christmas wasn’t too bad! Good old milky drinks. They are my lifeline. Plus porridge, which I have every day with some nuts and fresh fruit. It will all get a bit easier every day.

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Boo22 34829 wrote:

Happy New Year Penny and to all the lovely supportive people we have been lucky enough to have had support from in the last few months xx

I actually think that the weight loss surgery community is one of the most supportive in the world. We all know EXACTLY what hard work is involved and can empathise with each other on almost every level.

Happy New Year to you too, Boo. SO much to look forward to for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

penny

Happy new year to all, thank you for all the advice you have given to me, this is such a great site, lots of love Penny xxx

penny

Happy new year to you too, lots love Penny XXX

penny

I have got an appointment for my follow up on the 7th Jan, looking forward to that, xxx

bikerchris
    Participant

Hi all, hope everyone has had fun over Christmas and a happy new year to all. This was my second Christmas after wls and I noticed that I can eat far more than last year. But still I eat far less than most people so I’m hoping I’ve reached the sweet spot where I’m satisfied with a healthy diet with the odd treat and my weight is stable. I’m lucky that I can manage to eat most things but I did slightly over indulge with salted caramel nuts the other day. About half an hour after I’d had them, I got a big sweat on and had to go to stand outside to cool off. That’s as bad as it gets for me, I’ve never had any more severe problems or dumping from what I’ve eaten.

I had a conversation with my mum today about the change in me since I had surgery and how others have reacted and the compliments I’ve had. This made me realise that it’s ages since anyone congratulated me on my weight loss. I think that is a really good thing because it means my weight is stable and people are now used to seeing me this way.

So to everyone, no matter what stage you’re at in your wls journey, here is to 2016. May it be a great year for all of us.

Chris xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

@bikerchris 34838 wrote:

Hi all, hope everyone has had fun over Christmas and a happy new year to all. This was my second Christmas after wls and I noticed that I can eat far more than last year. But still I eat far less than most people so I’m hoping I’ve reached the sweet spot where I’m satisfied with a healthy diet with the odd treat and my weight is stable. I’m lucky that I can manage to eat most things but I did slightly over indulge with salted caramel nuts the other day. About half an hour after I’d had them, I got a big sweat on and had to go to stand outside to cool off. That’s as bad as it gets for me, I’ve never had any more severe problems or dumping from what I’ve eaten.

I had a conversation with my mum today about the change in me since I had surgery and how others have reacted and the compliments I’ve had. This made me realise that it’s ages since anyone congratulated me on my weight loss. I think that is a really good thing because it means my weight is stable and people are now used to seeing me this way.

So to everyone, no matter what stage you’re at in your wls journey, here is to 2016. May it be a great year for all of us.

Chris xx

Hi Chris, and happy new year!

You have made such an interesting and valuable point about no longer getting compliments anymore.

Some people get upset when they no longer get compliments but I am entirely in agreement with you! If people are no longer mentioning it, we have become ‘normal’! It’s what I told Shaw Somers I was hoping to achieve. Normality and freedom from worrying about my weight all the time. Reaching the ‘sweet spot’ is fabulous – so liberating.

At the beginning of last year, I gained 10lbs from having to take steroids. No one noticed. As from yesterday (when I weighed myself to see if there was any festive damage!) I have lost not only that 10lbs but another 10. No one noticed. Not even me!

I could never have imagined in my wildest dreams that I could feel normal about my weight. Wls is a powerful tool. When I saw you last month you looked absolutely fantastic. You have worked really hard for your success and long may it continue – whether or not anyone notices haha!

Doodah x

Lauren
    Keymaster

@penny 34837 wrote:

I have got an appointment for my follow up on the 7th Jan, looking forward to that, xxx

Best of British for the 7th, Penny ๐Ÿ™‚

Doodah x

bikerchris
    Participant

@Doodah 34839 wrote:

Hi Chris, and happy new year!

You have made such an interesting and valuable point about no longer getting compliments anymore.

Some people get upset when they no longer get compliments but I am entirely in agreement with you! If people are no longer mentioning it, we have become ‘normal’! It’s what I told Shaw Somers I was hoping to achieve. Normality and freedom from worrying about my weight all the time. Reaching the ‘sweet spot’ is fabulous – so liberating.

At the beginning of last year, I gained 10lbs from having to take steroids. No one noticed. As from yesterday (when I weighed myself to see if there was any festive damage!) I have lost not only that 10lbs but another 10. No one noticed. Not even me!

I could never have imagined in my wildest dreams that I could feel normal about my weight. Wls is a powerful tool. When I saw you last month you looked absolutely fantastic. You have worked really hard for your success and long may it continue – whether or not anyone notices haha!

Doodah x

Ah thanks for that Doodah, I’ll take that as my latest compliment. Was lovely to meet you too, you were looking pretty fab yourself xx

Lauren
    Keymaster

You looked stunningly chic and I looked like a pixie haha!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media