Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Hi, i’m new :o)

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    rainbow

Hi, my name’s Kelly and I live in sunny (or should I say rainy!) Devon. I’m 31yrs old and have been overweight for the majority of my life.

I have tried every diet going, hypnosis, xenical tablets and nothing has worked. I have hypothyroidism so find it even harder to lose weight.
    I am wanting children but had a Fallopian tube removed last year and have been told I will probably need IVF. To be eligible for IVF my bmi has to be 29 or below. With a bmi of 37 I was becoming desperate and time is no longer on my side.
    I decided to have a gastric band. I had to have it done privately as it is no longer available on the nhs here. My bmi was also not high enough.

So on the 19th may I had my band fitted at Dolan park hospital through the hospital group. It was a truly horrendous experience if I’m honest. I also had a hiatus hernia repair at the same time which I didn’t even know I had!
    It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since surgery and I’ve lost a stone. I have only lost 1lb this last week though???

Anyway, that’s a bit about me :o)

brown69owl

Hi Kelly

I had my band fitted on 17 May at the Spire, Gatwick Park , operation went really well and felt ok after 5 days .
    I am starting to get hungrier now but still having tiny meals , now on more solid food .
    I have lost 2 stone since pre op diet .

How are you finding eating ?

Jackie x

Sammy39

Hello both!

I had my band done on the 6th May at Dolan Park. To be honest I’ve struggled a little because I’m so ‘hungry’ all the time – but these guys on here have been a lifeline! I’ve met some incredible folks who have supported me.

My first dieticians appointment is tomorrow morning at 8am (eh?) and my first band fill is on the 12th… I’m hoping that that is when the magic starts 🙂

Please keep in touch!

Sammy

rainbow

Hi Jackie and sammy, nice to meet you,
    Thanks for the replies :o)

I’m not experiencing much hunger, just head hunger! I’m eating soft foods but haven’t been puréeing it all. I’ve had egg mayo, minced beef/bolognaise, mash potato, fish pie and tinned ravioli. I’m only having approx 700-900 kcals a day. My downfall is not drinking enough. I never have though.

Well done for losing 2 stone Jackie! I didn’t do the Pre-op diet :o/
    I’m a bit worried I’ve only lost a pound this week when I’ve eaten hardly anything?? I need to start exercising properly but I’m not sure what I’m allowed to do after my hernia repair. I walk my dog every day but my body is used to that.
    My dietician appointment is a phone appt on Saturday the 16th June and my first fill is on the 23rd June.

So glad there’s other people to talk to.
    Take care my lovelies xx

Sammy39

Helloooooo again!

Well, I had my dietician appointment this morning. I must say it was very helpful! She explained why I was so hungry – she thought I had remained on liquid and slops for too long, and suggested I eat a more solid diet now. So I went and had a couple of slices of toast – without a drink – and guess what? I’m not hungry!! How long that will last, I don’t know. But for now I’m content! Lol. Also – I’m not drinking enough… ahem.

Keep keeping on, girls!

Sammy

rainbow

Oh brilliant sammy! That’s great news my lovely. I’d murder a slice of toast….yum! Lets hope you start to feel a bit less hungry now 🙂
    I’m a bit down today, just gutted I’ve only lost a pound, although a stone in 3wks is still good. Think I’m Pre-menstrual too which would also contribute to poor weight loss cos I always seem to be heavier around that time. Who knows. Anyway, enjoy your day! xx

hevthefev

Hi Kelly and welcome,your weight loss is good for 3 weeks post op…..I’ve managed to put on 1.5kg since my band op 8th may,had a good friend sending me positive vibes yesterday when I found myself in M&S food hall lol x

Nettie

Welcome Rainbow,
    You are amongst good friends here, we all help eachother without judgement and it doesn’t matter where or whast type of operation you have had. I’m a bandster too, 10 months post op and 6stone and 10lbs down. Keep possitive and don’t be too hard on yourself during this initial post op period it’s the hardest time. My weight loss was very slow for the first 4 months but now it’s full steam ahead and it feels great.
    Nettie xx

hides

Hello rainbow,
    I am another bandster, 7 months post op…. I’m 4 stone 3 lbs down… And i cant lie it’s not all been good, however i have no regrets.

Please stay positive, and can i just say , your loss so far is great and i’ve always been told you should only aim for 1 or 11/2lbs a week max… I’ve kept pretty much to the 1lb per week since the op.

Keep in touch and feel free to ask any questions, there is always someone who can help out. 🙂

Heidi

rainbow

Thankyou ladies, that’s very kind of you to reply and I really appreciate the advice and encouragement. It’s difficult when you only see the scales move by 1lb after eating so little but I know it’s going in the right direction.
    Well done for your amazing weight loss!! It’s incredible. I still cannot imagine losing that amount of weight, it still seems like a dream. I really pray it comes true!
    Thankyou again
    Kelly xx

hides

Kelly , i do think the same as you every week/month….. I go back to the hosp every 4 weeks, and somehow each month it’s a 4/5 lbs loss…. And it mounts up over time. :). Having said that today i’ve eaten anything that hasn’t been nailed down today…… 🙁 But for 3/4 days last week, every time i sat down for my main meal i’d be running to the toilet after 5/6 spoonfulls. I find eating slowly still very difficult even this late on.

Heidi

rainbow
    hides wrote:
    Kelly , i do think the same as you every week/month….. I go back to the hosp every 4 weeks, and somehow each month it’s a 4/5 lbs loss…. And it mounts up over time. :). Having said that today i’ve eaten anything that hasn’t been nailed down today…… 🙁 But for 3/4 days last week, every time i sat down for my main meal i’d be running to the toilet after 5/6 spoonfulls. I find eating slowly still very difficult even this late on.

Heidi

I can manage a small meal, I’ve not been sick yet, maybe that’ll happen when I have more restriction?? I’ve got 4mls in a 12ml band at the mo, that’s what the surgeon put in at the time of surgery.
    I also really struggle with eating slowly. It’s probably one of the hardest things for me.
    I suppose I’m only 3 weeks post op. it’s all re-learning how to eat and coping with my new lifestyle :-/ x

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Rainbow and welcome.

I can see you have already made fab new friends on here. Everyone is SO supportive aren’t they?

I used to think that losing weight was something that happened to other people, even after I had my bypass! I was so used to failing that I just couldn’t get my head round the fact that I was going to be lighter and healthier. Anyway, almost 4 years later
    (17 July) and I’m 15st lighter and happier than I’ve been for years!!

However, it takes: time, effort, determination, support and (ironically) guts. If ever I get complacent about my weight loss, I look at photos of myself pre op. Not only do I look unhappy, you can actually see how ill I was.

So, keep chugging along and celebrate every single pound lost – even a humble pound will make a difference to your overall health because they all add up and are going in the right direction. Think if you were GAINING a pound every week…..!!!

Look forward to hearing all of your success stories 😀

Doodah x

rainbow

Thanks for the message doodah, I have actually lost another pound since my last post 🙂 someone said today they can really notice it already which is very encouraging. xx

Doodah
    Keymaster

That’s brilliant Rainbow!! Well done. Some of us are Hares and some Tortoises but we all get to the finish line in the end happier, healthier and clutching that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow 😉

Doodah x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media