Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

hi all I’m new.

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    lisac2012

I have been accepted for funding. And now I’m waiting for my doctor to recieve the list of hospitals….then I get to choose where to go, so really only at the start of my journey to my new life….filled with so many different emotions already lol ๐Ÿ™‚ anyway I won’t bore you all. This seems like a lovely place and I’m looking forward to my stay ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using WLS FORUM

Paul-H
    Participant

Hi

Welcome to the forum

What area do you live in, some one my be able to recomend a Hospital in your area.

Paul

lisac2012

Hi Paul. I live in south east inbetween maidstone and medway.
    Traveling expenses are going to be quite difficult for me. But do have a bit of support from people that drive etc.
    Xx

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Lisa

Welcome to the forum, we’re a pretty friendly bunch on here and don’t be afraid to ask questions, no question is a stupid one so don’t hesitate if you have any concerns or just want to talk to lots of people at any one time…

Whereabouts in Kent are you, perhaps we could meet up, I’m in Deal.

Take care
    Love
    Lesley
    xxxx

lisac2012

Hi lesley thanks for your message. I am feeling nervous and excited and quite overwhelmed its been a long time coming. My doc is pretty useless lol gotta call back again monday to see if he has the hospital list….I’m a bit unsure what hospital to go for.
    I live quite close to the medway towns in a little village.
    Xxx

Doodah
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa, glad you finally made it onto here! I feel so excited for you just starting out on your journey. Like the others have said, ask us anything – even if it’s about ‘taboo’ things like wind and toilet stuff!!! None of us are shy (especially John haha) and will do our absolute best to help you along. I would strongly recommend joining a support group. They are a huge source of information, support and friendship.

Look forward to seeing you blossom ;-))

Doodah x

carolthecook

Hi Lisa, a huge warm welcome! Like Doodah says we’re all here to help if we can and offer support when necessary. A support group is such a good idea both pre and post op. I know of a few in the south east, maybe one of them might be nearby. C x

lisac2012

Thanks for lovely warm welcome everyone. If you could tell me where them support groups are that would be great. ๐Ÿ™‚ il be a regular on here I think and will keep you all updated and ask questions as my journey progresses xx

lisac2012

What’s a gastric sleeve?? X

78rpm

hiya its all good from here on!

rgds

Jay

lisac2012

Hi jay…what surgery have you had? And where abouts? X

Deifersmum
    Participant

HI Lisa

I remember that feeling very well, I’m almost a year (on 21 March) post bypass and I remember feeling both excited, aprehensive, fearful, in fact the whole range of emotions, it’s normal to feel like that. There’s a support group in Chatham I think. Myself and Ganny are going to try and get to it, once we’ve confirmed it’s still running so hopefully we’ll see you there.

I am surprised that your doctor didn’t have a list of hospitals when he got your funding approval, mine got a list with the approval so it might be worth pushing.

Take care and hopefully we’ll meet up soon.

Love
    Lesley
    xxx

lisac2012

Hi lesley
    I feel more excited than anything ๐Ÿ™‚ I just want it to hurry up lol x a support group sounds good. Yeah I’m going to call my doctor tomorrow, still don’t know what hospital to go for. How well have you done on your bypass?

Deifersmum
    Participant

Hi Lisa

Thanks for your reply, I’m lost 7 and a half stone since my bypass last march and I haven’t regretted a minute of it, it’s the best decision I have ever made.

It hasn’t been plan sailing, there have been times when I’m eaten the wrong thing or too fast or not drunk enough etc but these are all minor cliches in the grand scheme of things. I’m now in a size 14, enjoy shopping for clothes, can’t get enough of walking the dog and even enjoy cooking again, because I’m now in control not the food. That big black cloud that was always hanging over me has left permanently and I’m just so much happier now, I’m enjoying life again not just existing.

If it helps I had my gastric bypass done at St Richards at Chichester, the staff and surgeoen, in fact the whole bariatric team there are fantastic I don’t think there is anywhere closer except London that does this surgery but your GP should be able to help you with that.

Good luck with everything Lisa and don’t forget we’re here for you.

Lots of love
    Lesley
    xxxx

lisac2012

Well done on your weightloss. Your explaining all the things I can’t wait to do. Just to feel like I’m living and not existing! ๐Ÿ™‚ I am only 24 and iv already missed out on so much. I am feeling positive and that all the little glitches I may get along the way I tell myself I’m strong enough to deal with them….iv been thinking about st Richards heard so many good things about it. Well I’m going to call my doctor this morning to see if he has the list of hospitals, I wanna get the ball rolling ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks for taking the time out to reply, il keep you posted x x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media