Call 0333 016 3030 or make an enquiry today!

Hi all, another newbie starting on the long road to being a healthy weight

Home » Topics » Welcome to Streamline Surgical » Introductions to Weight Loss Chat Forum » Hi all, another newbie starting on the long road to being a healthy weight

Welcome to our online community

Take a look around and read through the conversations our members are having.

If you would like to participate, it is easy to join the Streamline Surgical family: simply click here to register.

Once you are a member of our online family, you can talk about whatever you want, from considering weight loss surgery to life post surgery. Simply browse the conversations to join one or start your own if you prefer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Welsh dragon

Hi,

I had a bypass on Friday and I am at home resting.

Over the past month I have found reading all your messages really useful and so I thought it was about time I said hello.

I am excited and a little bit scard at the same time. My whole life is based around found, I not only enjoying easting with the family, but also spend £50 million a year on food & drink for a large restaurant chain as Head of Purchasing, so as you can probably imagine this included lots (and lots) of tasting food, checking for taste and quality.

I have used my job as the reason why I am so large (18 stone 4 lbs at the start) for years, but the reality is I have a team around me that are all thin, so I know it is me not the job.

I have never been a healthy weight in my adult life and so I am really excited by the prospect of losing all this bulk and have got to the point where I am prepared to give up my obsession with food for a longer, healthier life.

I am 41 and have two sons which are 10 year old and 19 month old, the 19 month year old is the reason I had the Op, I want to be around and healthy to see him grow up.

So that is me, Mr Pring was my surgeon and I am thankful for the opportunity to change my eating habits and become healthier, although I think it is going to be a rollercoster of a ride.

Regards,

Welsh Dragon

Lauren
    Keymaster

@Welsh dragon 28062 wrote:

Hi,

I had a bypass on Friday and I am at home resting.

Over the past month I have found reading all your messages really useful and so I thought it was about time I said hello.

I am excited and a little bit scard at the same time. My whole life is based around found, I not only enjoying easting with the family, but also spend £50 million a year on food & drink for a large restaurant chain as Head of Purchasing, so as you can probably imagine this included lots (and lots) of tasting food, checking for taste and quality.

I have used my job as the reason why I am so large (18 stone 4 lbs at the start) for years, but the reality is I have a team around me that are all thin, so I know it is me not the job.

I have never been a healthy weight in my adult life and so I am really excited by the prospect of losing all this bulk and have got to the point where I am prepared to give up my obsession with food for a longer, healthier life.

I am 41 and have two sons which are 10 year old and 19 month old, the 19 month year old is the reason I had the Op, I want to be around and healthy to see him grow up.

So that is me, Mr Pring was my surgeon and I am thankful for the opportunity to change my eating habits and become healthier, although I think it is going to be a rollercoster of a ride.

Regards,

Welsh Dragon

Hi WD and welcome to the loser’s bench!

You will soon start to feel the best you have in absolutely ages , if not ever. It is a roller coaster ride but that also means FUN. Can’t wait to hear all about it. Be patient, kind to yourself and have realistic expectations and you will be where you want to be in a shorter time than you ever thought possible.

So glad you have found this forum useful and encouraging – that’s what we all aim for on here. As for your obsession with food, you don’t have to give it up: just shift the focus. We now all obsess about the healthiest, most nutritious things we can make or discover – then share it. We are always on the lookout for healthy alternatives and that is our new obsession. One of our members has even made a new career out of it!

So, once again, get plenty of rest, follow the guidelines, don’t ever give up and be kind to yourself. You will be the person you always wanted to be in the blink of an eye. How exciting is that?!

Doodah x

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Recent Topics

Book your appointment
by clicking here

In the media